Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

game day preparation?

Options
  • 13-10-2012 8:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

What do you do to prepare for your game? Do your practice? play an online game or two? Check out opposition stats? Change roster or audibles? Or just show up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I use John Harbaughs playbook simply because that's what I used the last few versions of Madden

Very run heavy and I know the plays inside out

I don't want to learn a new playbook and I'd mess up games trying out new plays

That's it, the only preparation I do is change the playbook before the game loads

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Just show up. I usually perform worse if I do the practice as I get too confident with my passing and then will end up throwing picks in the competitive match

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Usually do nothing really and just show up.

I love Madden but I find I can't play any more than 2 or 3 games of it a night without getting sick of it so if I play a few practice games I end up getting frustrated easily and doing stupid things in the competitive game.

Now where did I put that dossier on the other players.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Anna Famous Strawberry

I know davetherave likes to film the others teams practise to get ready for a game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Raoul wrote: »
    Just show up. I usually perform worse if I do the practice as I get too confident with my passing and then will end up throwing picks in the competitive match

Guessing you practice before we play so? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

SantryRed wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

SantryRed wrote: »

Saw this in an email without my post included and I knew that it was going to be a dig at me.

:mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I normally have a practice game but depends on time really

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

I'll always look at opponents stats before playing (eg. do they favour the pass, how well do they take care of the ball, can they run it, how many sacks etc etc) and ATTEMPT to call plays accordingly.

I'm 1-3, so disregard the above sentence.

Advertisement