Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Priority Switch for Electic Showers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

that switch u linked to is not suitable ,one of these is what you need

http://www.meteorelectrical.com/index.html?search=priority

there will be a bit of work for an electrician wiring it in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

i that ebay link is the current sensing relay

so you'd also need a dp contactor to make up a priority controller

or alternatively you can buy the pre-made priority or non-priority unit in the meteor links

you'll need an electrician either way

(there's also the option of a 4-pole contactor and manual changeover-push switch or 2-way)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I have heard of many cases where priority units have failed.
    That is why I have always gone for the contractor method described by M cebee.

one thing i don't understand is why instant showers don't have some sort of no-volt release

to prevent them coming back on again with these units or maybe other circumstances

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

maxfresh wrote: »
    that switch u linked to is not suitable ,one of these is what you need

http://www.meteorelectrical.com/index.html?search=priority

there will be a bit of work for an electrician wiring it in
    I have never installed one of these, but my experience with Garo has always been negative. I simply do not rate them at all. Terminals are often too small and overall design of their products is poor IMHO.

• Advertisement

2011 wrote: »
    I have never installed one of these, but my experience with Garo has always been negative. I simply do not rate them at all. Terminals are often too small and overall design of their products is poor IMHO.

not the best surely

schneider have a good rep but i see way too many of their rcbos sticking on commercial boards for my liking

hager may be one of the best

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

2011 wrote: »

im sure u could get a equivalent in any electrical wholesalers (like hager) i just put link as an example

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

M cebee wrote: »
    one thing i don't understand is why instant showers don't have some sort of no-volt release

to prevent them coming back on again with these units or maybe other circumstances

Not a bad idea at all. All it would need is an internal relay wired like a DOL with small start and stop bottons, to bring on the solenoid valve (and pump if applicable). Nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ezdezat

Thanks all for the info folks, at least i know now exactly what i'm looking for.
    Like i said friend is an Electrician but he's not in the country at the minute, he did say they were reasonably expensive but thought that was it on Ebay.

Cheers again!

Advertisement