Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Callan Fish Man

Options
  • 13-10-2012 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

If you do not know, Callan now has it's own fish man on friday morning's from 8.30 to 11.30, the white van is parked by the old co-op near the AIB.
    There is a fantastic array of fish and he will endeavour to get what you want if he has not got it on board.
    The fish I think comes from Dunmore East and is super fresh, can recommend the Cod and the Ray, no one sells Ray around, it is a specifically fantastic tasting fish, with no little bones.
    Even the coming of Aldi will not improve the fish situation, so have a go at the white van man. Foxy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BMF Plint

Is the ol co op near super value. Im from kells and i cant think of where it is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

Just down from supervalu, almost outside the AIB, he has a big sign out so you wont miss him. well worth the effort, good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BMF Plint

Thanks, will check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

I thought this thread was going to be about a piscine superhero in Callan.

Boy was I dissapointed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

He's the same man that sold fish in the same place many, many years ago. Great to see him back :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Wimbago

Sells the best smoked fish around (either haddock, hake or coley, not sure)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

I had ray the other weeki, it just melts in the mouth, beautiful; no one else is prepared to get it in Callan and very difficult in Kilkenny, the turbot was fab and so was the kipper's.
    If you love fish this is the "Plaice" to get it, so put your heart and "Sole" in to it, no "Codding" Foxy

• Registered Users Posts: 39,535 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

If it's the same bloke, that'll be Seamus - great to deal with.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Gypsy Roman

Any prices Foxy? And love a bitta Plaice myself or Monk Fish yum :)

Advertisement