Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malahide Castle

Options
  • 13-10-2012 9:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know is the Castle back open again, and is the 42 bus the best to get from town.
    Looking for 2 yes's :).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭str|ct9

nudger wrote: »
    Does anyone know is the Castle back open again, and is the 42 bus the best to get from town.
    Looking for 2 yes's :).

Yes & Yes :)

I was out there a couple of weeks ago and they had a sign advertising avoca at the castle was open. 42 will leave u nice and close. Bit of a walk from the dart station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

str|ct9 wrote: »
    Yes & Yes :)

I was out there a couple of weeks ago and they had a sign advertising avoca at the castle was open. 42 will leave u nice and close. Bit of a walk from the dart station

Great news, visitors staying with us want to go out for the day,.
    They want to use the Dart, is that from Connelly, are the darts often,is it a long walk and is it sign posted well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Yep it is, Avoca opened last week as well, havent had the chance to drop in yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Checked a few sites and found they are reopening (official launch) on Monday but they are probably open today, dry run sort of thing.
    http://www.malahidecastleandgardens.ie/

Thanks all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

That's great news about Avoca finally being open, I didn't know that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

About time. It must be 6 months overdue at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Yeah, it's long overdue. I'm not 100% the actual Castle is back open Apparently it opened today. Avoca is, but that's in the Courtyard.

There is going to be a bus from the Dart Station running up to Avoca soon (Or maybe started today), but it's not that long a walk anyway. Walk up the Ramp and out the gate. Across the Road, in the gate and just continue that direction through the woods - follow the path, as they have now fenced off the kids Gaelic pitches from the Carpark and the new Cricket Grounds won't really allow you to go any other direction, so no fear of taking a wrong turn.

Advertisement