Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private dance lessons in Dublin

Options
  • 13-10-2012 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭

I am fed up of going to weddings / social events etc. and being dragged out onto the dance floor where I feel completely uncomfortable. Therefore, I'd like to be able to dance. So I would like to get private dance lessons. Bear in mid I dont have a partner. Can anyone recommend somewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Honestly depends on what type of dancing. If it is purely for weddings and music that would be played at generic social events, then I recommend jive or east coast swing. These are both easy to pick up and will do the job if "you are dragged out" every so often. If this happens often then I recommend ballroom, lindy or tango.

I won't recommend anyone seeing as I know them, but a quick google will show a listing in dublin.

However don't forget that there is a theatre and performing arts forum.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=232
    You could try asking there.
    There is no dedicated dance forum on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

I am fed up of going to weddings / social events etc. and being dragged out onto the dance floor where I feel completely uncomfortable. Therefore, I'd like to be able to dance. So I would like to get private dance lessons. Bear in mid I dont have a partner. Can anyone recommend somewhere?

Why private ? Just Dance do group classes. I was at one and they are good fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

Piliger wrote: »
    Why private ? Just Dance do group classes. I was at one and they are good fun.

Cos I'm not confident enough to go to group lessons. I would prefer to start off privately...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Cos I'm not confident enough to go to group lessons. I would prefer to start off privately...

Well I was at a class lesson and no one could put one foot in front of another ......... I advise you to give it a go.

Advertisement