Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windoze 7 networking all over again...rant

Options
  • 13-10-2012 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Here we go again, Microsoft have yet again set us tasks to read volumes of tiny text that jumps from one irrelevant topic to another without actually telling you anything you need to know. I am so sick of learning how to set up networking all over again because they decided to change the operating system AGAIN. By the time XP came around it was tedious, now its a pain.

In XP you used a flash drive to go around on all PC`s and at least a few of them would connect to each other. In 7 we are back to "Where the &*^*&^ do you want to go today"........well anywhere BUT into my network..... thank you very much Bill!.

What really freaks me is that in setting up Win 7 I resolutely avoided setting different passwords, because THEY are never right. And here we go again The same old "Enter username" and "enter Password" crap and going nowhere fast.

Are there any good hacking tools out there which I can use to get into MY OWN network.......because windows 7 seems to think I am a threat and to compound things Avast pops up ALL the time warning of threats ALL OVER The place.....even though I know there are none. I don`t feel like learning Backtrack all over again, last time I used it it was at version 4 by now its prolly at version 79.4.2.78456 and wont even look vaguely familiar.

All I started out wanting to do is print one page of text.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

What are you actually talking about? :confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Yeah? Just start over and do it properly.

Ohh and calm down.

Advertisement