Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

battlefield 1942 fans? (now free on Origin)

Options
  • 13-10-2012 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

yup

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Nope, but would love to again. Currently playing quite a bit of BFV!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Play it at LANs regularly. Fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Don't play it anymore, but do love it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Been playing it a lot this past fortnight or so, loving it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

can it be played on windows 7 ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yes

BF 1942 is now free on Origin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Oh man, lans and this were the best fun ever. That and call of duty UO and delta force black hawk down!

Good times..

Limericks wrote: »
    Oh man, lans and this were the best fun ever. That and call of duty UO and delta force black hawk down!

Good times..

We're having a 40 man LAN at the end of the month, this has just bumped up to be our No. 1 LAN game ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

We're having a 40 man LAN at the end of the month, this has just bumped up to be our No. 1 LAN game ;)

:O sounds like epic fun!

I remember the lan cafe I used back then would be packed with people on a saturday all playing this or the original vietnam. I used to play it all the time at home against bots as I didnt have net back then and would hone my headshot skills. More than once I caused people to freak out beause of my "l337 skillz" back then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

BF 1942 is now free on Origin!

is that not just the demo?

danniemcq wrote: »

Says its a demo, actually the full game. BF on Facebook also confirmed it. Been playing it the last while. The memories of Omaha beach rapeage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

danniemcq wrote: »

nope.

Servers are separate to the original 1942 release to make it work on origin, wonder how the expansion will play into this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've edited the title rather than generate a now slightly redundant new thread for it's free release.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

We have 2 servers up, both 32 man, one CTF \o/ and the other Conquest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I wonder are they testing the waters to see the interest levels for a possible sequel ?
    Fingers crossed they are :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I wonder are they testing the waters to see the interest levels for a possible sequel ?
    Fingers crossed they are :D

As long as the sequel has ships, subs, and bombers (not the AC or 1943 on rails variety).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

The best AA cannons in the battlefield series. Used to love shooting down zeros :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Q: Can I play online against players who have the original disc-based version?
    A: Unfortunately, no. This Origin digital download version can only be played against other players who are using the same version. But since it’s free for everyone, everyone can download their own copy of the game. This version of the game will only show applicable (new) servers in the server browser.

^^

Cool tho :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Battle of britian, iwo jima all excellent maps. Lots of noobs running around with no clue what to do though. Fun times :D. Lots of full 64 plr servers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I wonder what the max player count can be if the server config file was editable? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

I logged on this evening with the intention of flying a spitfire around battle of britain, you know, fun, only to find Origin prompting a patch... for BF42? after 10 years!?!

The only difference I could see after patching and running the game was that my highly tweaked profile was deleted.

FU EA, FU Origin and FU DICE.

Lucutus wrote: »
    I logged on this evening with the intention of flying a spitfire around battle of britain, you know, fun, only to find Origin prompting a patch... for BF42? after 10 years!?!

The only difference I could see after patching and running the game was that my highly tweaked profile was deleted.

FU EA, FU Origin and FU DICE.

According to Twitter there was a new PB exploit and they patched it. New users find new hacks :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

According to Twitter there was a new PB exploit and they patched it. New users find new hacks :P

This can't be. PB support for 42 has been ceased, also you no longer need to enable PB to join any server.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

when do Do they make BF:V free to play ...we all know this was the best of all the BF series .

also I did log in a play BF1942...into the sky thought I was awesome until some b@st@rd nailed me with a frigging tank shell .

weird to be playing it but good fun.

Advertisement