Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Finance in NUIG?

Options
  • 13-10-2012 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if there is anybody here that has recently done this masters in International Finance and could pass on any information?
    What modules are taken, workload, lecturers, intake etc?
    I did my BA in Economics in Galway so I'm aware of some of the aspects but would like some first hand information.

Thanks a mil :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 spunkbass

Hey RadioNowhere,

I'm doing the course at the moment.

We have a stand up at the postgrad fair in Bailey Allen on Tuesday. Come and chat to us. I would recommend it.

Subjects by semester

Seminar in Financial Economics I
    Financial Econometrics I
    International Finance (International Macroeconomics)
    Macroeconomic Theory

Seminar in Financial Economics II (derivatives)
    Financial Econometrics II (portfolio management)
    Quantitative Methods in Finance
    International Monetary Economics

• Registered Users Posts: 26 RadioNowhere

Hiya, I didn't see this message until now.

I was wondering what your opinions are on the course. Did you study Economics or Finance before you started? What is the workload like and the thesis etc?
    Oh are the masters students mixed with any undergrad classes and how many are in the class? And ratio of boys to girls?

Sorry for all the questions! I applied through PAC so fingers crossed I'll be doing this next year, I'd just like a bit of a heads up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 spunkbass

I did commerce and focused in economics in my final year. There are not many hours of lectures, but can be quite a bit of independent study. Classes are mosly just with your masters class. Some are mixed with the public policy masters. 2 out of about 20 are girls. Havent started the thesis yet. Hope that helps a bit.good luck with the application!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 RadioNowhere

Thanks so much for your reply :)

Advertisement