Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no notice from council water Disruption North dublin

Options
  • 13-10-2012 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

looks like the council are not drop notes in peoples door to tell them before cutting of the water.

Disruption to water supply in parts of Dublin
    educed pressure and loss of supply are likely on the Infirmary Road, from North Circular Road to Conyngham Road, the Conyngham Road from Parkgate Street to Islandbridge, the North Circular Road from Infirmary Road to Saint Peter's Church in Phibsborough as well as Stoneybatter, Grangegorman and surrounding areas.

Dublin City Council is supplying a water tanker for public use which will be stationed at the junction of Rathdown Road and Grangegorman Upper.

The council is advising that water supplied from the tanker should be boiled before use.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1013/disruption-to-water-supply-in-dublin.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

There was notice. I read about it in the Herald on Wednesday and saw it mentioned elsewhere. Also on the radio for the past 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Belfast

I did not hear it.
    In the past they would put a note in your door.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

wyndham wrote: »
    There was notice. I read about it in the Herald on Wednesday and saw it mentioned elsewhere. Also on the radio for the past 2 days.
    What if you don't listen to the radio or have money to buy papers? I do check the post box every day. I'd never buy a paper, I use the internet for all my news reading.

There should have been a leaflet drop. By the way, the map by DCC isn't even drawn accurately as I'm just outside the marked area yet I've no water.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Latest notice here. I get the updates from them since winter 2010 even though this on doesn't concern me personally. It is handy to be on their mailing list or whatever...

http://dublincity.wordpress.com/2012/10/13/update-re-disruption-of-water-supply-sat-13th-october-2012-as-at-740pm-13102012/

Advertisement