Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recent Meteor Data 3G problems. Report in here.

Options
  • 13-10-2012 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Can't get a 3G signal recently on Meteor, the service is now too slow to browse a web page for me. Glad I'm not on a long contract.

The obvious assumption is that they've flooded their network since they started giving out data free with PAYG topups.

Noticed a drop in Data connection quality? Report in here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Fear_an_tarbh

Yep, for last two weeks, in Donegal and in Dublin city centre, only getting E network.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Can't say I've noticed a difference here in Mayo. That's not to say its worse but I hardly ever see E signal. When do ye think 4G or LTE will come to Ireland which would help with this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Dudda wrote: »
    Can't say I've noticed a difference here in Mayo. That's not to say its worse but I hardly ever see E signal. When do ye think 4G or LTE will come to Ireland which would help with this issue?

I'm in mayo too, Castlebar to be more specific and I've noticed the data speed has deteriorated over the past two weeks. I'm picking up edge a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Same here, Kildare/Dublin, is it Meteor that have the ads on TV where everyone is chasing buses and stealing wifi from neighbours gardens?
    Those ads seem pretty feckin' ironic now, don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,804 ✭✭✭thomasj

Yep dublin city has been a nightmare for the last few nights it hasnt been too bad the further you go out of the city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Noticed over the last two weeks. Dropping signal constantly. In Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seeing_ie

from the thread in the meteor forum:

Tested the signal on the bike all over Dublin city yesterday.

Didn't get 3G at all anytime I checked the phone.

How are Meteor getting away with this? I only need use data occasionally, when I'm away from wifi, but what about business billpay customers?

I'm presuming they can get a 3G signal when necesssary.

Quite instructive that Meteor reps are avoiding this thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056777872

Advertisement