Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open webOS on a Google Nexus phone

Options
  • 13-10-2012 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭

I hope this is the correct area to post this.

It appears that the first attempts to get Open webOS have started. They are calling it pre-alpha and it is extremely slow, and poorly shot but apparently working.

They have also managed to get some of the gestures that were working on webOS working, but again everything is extremely slow at the moment.

I believe part of the slowness is down to the fact there is no hardware acceleration in place, but I could be wrong.

The site where the developers are working from.

http://webos-ports.org/wiki/Main_Page

It may always be niche, but as a fan I am hoping for something usable out of it. I never really need much beyond phone, internet, email and perhaps maps so if the get it running a decent speed I guess I know what my next phone will be.

Advertisement