Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE9 suddenly running very slow

Options
  • 13-10-2012 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi.
    Up until a few days ago Internet explorer was working normally on my Lenovo Think Pad T420s. Now it is running very slowly (can take 3 or 4 minutes to open a page), freezing and sometimes not closing.
    It is not Internet related as different networks make no difference.
    I have scanned for viruses and scanned with malwarebytes and all is clear.
    I was getting a lot of script messages before this problem occurred not sure if this is related.
    Chrome and opera are working normally.
    Has anyone any ideas.
    Thanks
    Pedigree

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

pedigree wrote: »
    Hi.
    Up until a few days ago Internet explorer was working normally on my Lenovo Think Pad T420s. Now it is running very slowly (can take 3 or 4 minutes to open a page), freezing and sometimes not closing.
    It is not Internet related as different networks make no difference.
    I have scanned for viruses and scanned with malwarebytes and all is clear.
    I was getting a lot of script messages before this problem occurred not sure if this is related.
    Chrome and opera are working normally.
    Has anyone any ideas.
    Thanks
    Pedigree

If you want to stick with IE, Uninstall IE9 and reinstall IE8

It's a known problem, and the best solution is to downgrade, regardless of what they tell you in this article. You can follow their instructions if you want to, here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2398082

Advertisement