Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters in the UK

Options
  • 13-10-2012 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

So I'm thinking of doing a masters in science communication in England next year. Not sure which university I'll be applying to yet. Does anyone know how funding/grants work for Irish students doing masters in the UK? I'm trying to figure out if it's feasible or if I should take a year out to work first! Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Moved to NI & GB Colleges

The good news: as an Irish student - you're no better or worse off than a UK student. The less-good news: There's no centralised funding available for UK students and there's no funding from Ireland for Masters level in the UK. However, there may be funding available in the form of studentships, bursaries, scholarships etc. from your chosen institution or philanthropic organisations. This link sums up your options in concise terms.

Advertisement