Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ag Science/ Economics

• 13-10-2012 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Anyone do both these subjects or advise on either of these? I'm still undecided which to go for. Which if either did you find better for gaining points? I understand that Ag Science has a project.

The subjects that I will be studying are Irish, English, Business, Biology,
    Geography and Home Economics.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Parts of business/Home Ec may cross over with Economics so that'd be a bit of help, but also, biology would greatly cross-over with Ag Science. Both are do-able subjects. Take into consideration that the Ag Science project is worth 20% (I think), so that's almost 20% got, if you do well, before your written exam ! If you have an interest in biology topics, I'd say Ag Science would suit you the best. If you're put off by biology and prefer the business-y route, take economics. Check out the exam papers from the past years - www.examinations.ie - and see what you think of them. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭amyleaving

I don't know why some people have the idea that some business overlaps with economics, barely. Only 1 or 2 definitons do! and home ec definitely doesn't but i took economics up this year and it is not too difficult :)

Advertisement