Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sore neck after Reiki

Options
  • 13-10-2012 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

I had Reiki done and about an hour later the right side of neck became very very sore. Its sore to move it from side to side. Kind of feels like when you pull a muscle. Anyone any ideas what it is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭maguffin

I would doubt very much that it was the Reiki energy that caused the pain...unless the practitioner was too physical with you (which they shouldn't!)...did the practitioner pull or twist your head? Sometimes a cold draught of air can cause stiffness in the neck...did you notice anything like that as you lay on the bench? Are you sure that after the session you didn't turn your head too quickly thus straining the neck? Think back to before, during and after the session and see if there was a physical cause for it.....Reiki energy itself would not cause the pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kevin keating

Hi,im a reiki 2 practitioner,and in my experience,reiki opens your chakras,and you may be open to psychic attack,in other words,you may have not been made aware that grounding and protection is hugely important. there are a lot of very good vids on youtube on these subjects.reiki is a spiritual modality and you may be attracting malevolant spirits so you need to ground and protect yourself. i hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭angelman121

Hi,im a reiki 2 practitioner,and in my experience,reiki opens your chakras,and you may be open to psychic attack,in other words,you may have not been made aware that grounding and protection is hugely important. there are a lot of very good vids on youtube on these subjects.reiki is a spiritual modality and you may be attracting malevolant spirits so you need to ground and protect yourself. i hope this helps.

As a reiki 2 practitioner Kevin this is a bit irresponsible and on the heavy side and you are jumping to worst case scenario conclusions, you have no idea how your comment "psychic attack" is going to impact on on the OP as you have no idea to their state of mind you should think before you post your own fears as "psychic attack" can only happen if you believe in it, and this will simply serve to show you your own fear, when you have no fear in you- you have nothing to fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭angelman121

Any energy work will activate some or all of your chakras and these are somewhat like unused muscles and when you start to use them first they tend to ache and also when you overdo or exert them, also it is around our chakras we hold our 'stuff' like fear and anger or sadness n things like that and when we get healing around these issues and/or chakras the can become tender as these feeling move through us. I know it's been awhile since your OP but I would just ignore silly psychic attack comments.
    There's a free meditation on this website that you may find helpfull with your healing journey.www.paulwilliams.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

Yeah the reason you have a sore neck is because reiki doesn't work. It's a load of crap. God is trying to waken you up to that fact. Go to a real doctor for pain, not these charlatans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭maguffin

Onesimus wrote: »
    Yeah the reason you have a sore neck is because reiki doesn't work. It's a load of crap. God is trying to waken you up to that fact. Go to a real doctor for pain, not these charlatans.

Have you ever tried Reiki?
    Do you actually know what it is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭gillad

Your post just shows how little you know about "God" and the real truth is that you are the one that needs to wake up but its your choice if you want to stay asleep.
    These "charlatans" are closer to "God" than you are....you have also moved further away from your god after your post here because you have insulted so many good people that help others...Be carefull with your preaching,you may end up in hell if you continue with your hateful posts.
    Nobody here needs to be saved by you

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ShamrockLady

Hi everyone, this is my first post.

I am a Reiki practitioner. Even though Reiki is used for positive energy and cannot hurt you, the practitioner can.
    I was taught not to do Reiki on someone if I am carrying negative energy. For instance, if I were to lose a family member or friend to death, I would be sad. Therefore, I wouldn't want to do Reiki on someone as that energy would be taken in by the receiver. That's why it's very important for the practitioner to have positive energy. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

You guys realise that "positive energy" is essentially a meaningless (personally, I would say pseudo-scientific) statement right? You're throwing it around like it actually means something.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ShamrockLady

Gumbi wrote: »
    You guys realise that "positive energy" is essentially a meaningless (personally, I would say pseudo-scientific) statement right? You're throwing it around like it actually means something.

Think of when you're with someone that is positive or negative. When you walk away, how do you feel?
    I can say that both kinds of people affect me. When hanging out with a positive person, you will become a more positive person and vice versa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

WTF!!! We agree on something?!? Except for the god bit of course. That's even sillier than reiki.

OP, I'd recommend a liberal application of Anguis Oleum. Never fails, apparently.

Think of when you're with someone that is positive or negative. When you walk away, how do you feel?
    I can say that both kinds of people affect me. When hanging out with a positive person, you will become a more positive person and vice versa.
    And???

'Become'?

Really?

I hang out with all kinds if people. As do those people. Who hang out with even more people, who hang out.....

How come everybody doesn't gradually cancel out into a world of neutral people? Second law of thermodynamics might suggest this outcome as a distinct possibility if you're right on this one. You should publish. Does reiki predict energetic entropy in all interpersonal interactions? That would be crap. Are we talking general energy here, or specifically 'vibes'?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

Why cant people let other people believe what they want to believe. Why do you feel the need to belittle everyone else just because its something you think is crap. Just because its crap for you does not mean its the case for everyone. If you dont believe in Reiki, fine, but dont talk down, belittle or act condescendingly to those that do.

For everyone else, the practitioner in no way hurt my neck during the session. The stiffness only lasted about an hour. I have since been in touch with her and she has informed me it was probably a release of energy from the neck chakra.

Thank you so much for all your posts :-)

Why cant people let other people believe what they want to believe. Why do you feel the need to belittle everyone else just because its something you think is crap. Just because its crap for you does not mean its the case for everyone. If you dont believe in Reiki, fine, but dont talk down, belittle or act condescendingly to those that do.

For everyone else, the practitioner in no way hurt my neck during the session. The stiffness only lasted about an hour. I have since been in touch with her and she has informed me it was probably a release of energy from the neck chakra.

Thank you so much for all your posts :-)
    Because I care about truth??? Of course you can believe whatever you want, who am I to inhibit that? That you would even mention it seems childlike.

If something is true it's true, if not, it's not. It bothers me when people might make a lot o money off peddling fake alternative medicine.

It's quite clear to me that posters here don't understand what their are talking about. Throwing around words like positive energy, energy releases from the x chakra, negative energy, psychic attacks. They mean nothing. They have no meaning.

Again, I am not belittling you. In fact, it shows an amount of insecurity when you act so defensively when one questions your beliefs.

You can believe what you like. But I like to have my voice heard when I believe people are being exploited for their gullibility, people are lying to make money, and when people associate alternative medicine to cancer cures instead of the chemo a medical professional applied for months on end.

None of this may specifically apply to you, though my other points still stand.

You think Hitler should have been allowed to believe what he liked and be left as he was?

Dont you DARE call me insecure when you know absolutely nothing about me.

That reads like insecurity, I have to say...

Again, think what you want. But you know nothing about me.

I didn't explicitly call you insecure. I said that why you said "shows an amount of insecurity". And I expanded on that. And explained why.

I am trying to educate myself on alternative medicine by asking what I believe to be basic questions on how/why it works; I'm met with dodging and defensiveness at every which way it seems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 Dogsbody_

jesus christ is this thread even allowed around here? This is patently medical advise being peddled as chankra energy balls

• Advertisement

I did not come on this to have my beliefs questioned. I came on this to ask advise from people who believe simialar things to me. So I have no urge to answer your questions regarding what I believe in.

I am trying to educate myself on alternatives to medicine
    Sorry dude. Had to fyp...

I did not come on this to have my beliefs questioned.
    Where do you usually go?

I did not come on this to have my beliefs questioned. I came on this to ask advise from people who believe simialar things to me. So I have no urge to answer your questions regarding what I believe in.
    Really? The. Why come to it with a closed mind? Maybe your sore neck had nothing to do with energy chakras, psychic attacks whatever. Maybe it had something to do with the massaging/hand placement of the practitioner.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Robert McGrath

endacl wrote: »

OP, I'd recommend a liberal application of Anguis Oleum. Never fails, apparently.

I actually looked that up to check what you were talking about.

Excellent Latin gag! Well played, sir!

I will be stealing that ...

You should really read the charter of this forum:

Rules

• Everyone is free to believe whatever they like

• Everyone is free to post those beliefs as long as they respect the beliefs of others

• If a thread starter requests that people don't question their beliefs, please respect that request

• If you feel the need to question a belief system (as opposed to enquiring about a belief) please start a new thread to do it in instead of hijacking a thread where a belief is already being discussed.

Really? The. Why come to it with a closed mind? Maybe your sore neck had nothing to do with energy chakras, psychic attacks whatever. Maybe it had something to do with the massaging/hand placement of the practitioner.
    Or maybe you just have a sore neck. I had a sore neck once. It went away. The pain that is, not the neck. I still have some neck.

I have asked you not to question my beliefs so can you stop please?

endacl wrote: »
    Or maybe you just have a sore neck. I had a sore neck once. It went away. The pain that is, not the neck. I still have some neck.

Do you really feel the need to joke about my post??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 allucinator

Hard to believe there are still a lot of people - some of them on here - who believe totally and utterly in modern science. I respect your right to believe what you want, but remember modern science once stated as FACT that the world is flat.
    Science changes. Open your mind.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement