Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC?

Options
  • 13-10-2012 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

Right, tried to fill this in, it's a xmas present and will be used mainly for gaming we hope to have the wireless broadband sorted out by then. I haven't a bogs notion all I know is that we need one that is suitable for gamin including Spore and a few other online games. Spore itself seems to take up a lot of memory so am not sure if the budget is realistic but might be able to stretch to another €100 would rather a new one and really need it simplified I don't understand a word of the jargon and am too lazy to try to so I need help!

1.What is your budget? [€900]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming: Spore (entire game) WOW

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No idea but not windows vista because it doesn't seem to work with the wireless we have/are getting set up.

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No, would prefer to have everything new

5. Do you need a monitor? Yes

5a. If yes, what size do you need. 20'

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future?

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader ..will need all of these not sure about speakers?

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No idea what that means.

8. How can you pay? Bank Transfer/Credit Card

9. When are you purchasing? End of November (Xmas present)

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? North Tipperary/Kilkenny border.

Comments

Advertisement