Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cracked Screen

• 13-10-2012 5:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    Can any one tell me how much it should cost to get a new screen fitted to an I Pod touch? Any recommended repair shops in Dublin too?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I don't know any shops over there but it'll be a bit less than 100, much less if you do it yourself.

www.google.ie/search?q=ipod+touch+screen+repairs+dublin+site%3Aboards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭D.Craftsman

Thanks.Is DIY a good idea? I'm not afraid to attempt it but have no idea what could go wrong.I took a look on You Tube & got a little worried. The pod is only a few weeks old but we did not take the insurance. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭LarMan

Hi

I bought two Ipod touchs last year just before Christmas for my kids. The first ones screen broke after a couple of months I presumed by my daughter not being careful, despite it having a protective case for it.

My older son broke his last night, he doesn't know how, he did not drop it and it is in a protective casr as well. Incidentally the screen seems to have shattered in the same place on both, in that the origin of the cracks seems to be in the top left corner and the cracks then lead out from this point.

I suppose my question is, is there a a design flaw with the Ipod touchs that can cause the screen to break with little force. I have an IPhone 4 which has been dropped loads of times and has not broken (touch wood)

Advertisement