Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I sell my reloading gear.

Options
  • 13-10-2012 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭

I have had all my reloading gear gathering dust since my return to Ireland 7 years ago.

Any how it is just taking up space - should I sell or will there be the long promised change in the law?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Chiparus wrote: »
    I have had all my reloading gear gathering dust since my return to Ireland 7 years ago.

Any how it is just taking up space - should I sell or will there be the long promised change in the law?

Keep it, you'll no doubt find it very hard to expensive to replace for when reloading eventually becomes normal for everybody who wants to do it.

tac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Chiparus wrote: »

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭BigBoi83

Really, do ye believe reloading is guna be allowed here eventually or is it more wishfull thinking?

That would be an unreal turn around and step forward for this country, i really hope it comes true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

If our representative bodies can convince the powers that be that there's no significant difference between having a thousand rounds of ammunation or the stuff to make a thousand rounds of ammunition we may see the day.

There would be SOOOO much more to talk about on this forum if reloading was generally the norm.

tac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

tac foley wrote: »
    There would be SOOOO much more to talk about on this forum if reloading was generally the norm.

tac

And you could bet yourself that the Midlands Range would be a very busy place with blokes there trying different loads

My brother has been working on a High Expansion .308 Sub-Sonic load that he is having some good success with that i would love to try out

But back on topic, yes you should sell the reloading gear, to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

BigBoi83 wrote: »
    Really, do ye believe reloading is guna be allowed here eventually or is it more wishfull thinking?

That would be an unreal turn around and step forward for this country, i really hope it comes true

whats this reloading gear look like, presses and the like?
    how much would it cost to go out and buy equipment like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

for a decent set up 300-400 quid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Im curious whats in that equipment

press either single stage or a turret press. A decent scales, dies, calipers, case trimmer, case lube etc.. then there are other things like brass tumblers etc.. loads of stuff. It all depends on your budget.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭JD Green

What is reloading? I can't find an explanation anywhere.

JD Green wrote: »
    What is reloading? I can't find an explanation anywhere.

Basically making ur own rounds...

take an empty shell and fill it with all the bits n bobs, press them together 2 make your own bullet

You take your spent centerfire rifle / pistol / shotgun cases and you clean out the carbon, take the old primer out, put a new one in put in the correct amount of powder for your load and then seat a new bullet. You reuse your brass to make new rounds. You can customize the load to your own specific firearm to get the best accuracy out of it and you can customize the round for a specific task.:)
    It also works out alot cheaper so you can shoot more for less.
    The ammunition is far more precise than factory ammunition too as you are'nt pumping out thousands of rounds an hour.

showing how he does it http://youtu.be/I-OYW8dWJN0

Merch wrote: »
    Im curious whats in that equipment

Look up the following manufacturers' sites -

RCBS

Lee

Hornady

Redding

Speer

...and then on Youtube...................

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭EWQuinn

It all starts with one of these, or one like it.

41mBxgMhUwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Advertisement