Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turtle Beach X41 Input (TV or Console?)

• 13-10-2012 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭

I have a Samsung LE40B530 that has a digital audio output (optical) jack. My Xbox 360 obviously has the same jack in the back.

I have Turtle Beach x41's and I was just wondering is there any difference to plugging them into the TV to that of the Xbox? (or any console with a digital output). It's just that, it's a bit of a pain in the backside having to switch the digital cable from one console to the other when I switch system to play. And I use my x41's for everything. Would it make a difference if I just kept them plugged into the TV? Would I still get the same quality?

If anyone knows what I'm talking about I hope you can shed some light for me.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

gamercfc wrote: »
    I have a Samsung LE40B530 that has a digital audio output (optical) jack. My Xbox 360 obviously has the same jack in the back.

I have Turtle Beach x41's and I was just wondering is there any difference to plugging them into the TV to that of the Xbox? (or any console with a digital output). It's just that, it's a bit of a pain in the backside having to switch the digital cable from one console to the other when I switch system to play. And I use my x41's for everything. Would it make a difference if I just kept them plugged into the TV? Would I still get the same quality?

If anyone knows what I'm talking about I hope you can shed some light for me.
    Thanks.

The only difference I can think of is that their would be a few extra milliseconds of lag for the sound to reach the TV and then your headset but it is more than likely that you would not notice it at all.

Probably would be the same amount as if you had the sound coming from the TV itself.

Advertisement