Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nightline

Options
  • 13-10-2012 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

Hi everybody.

noticed an ad for nightline looking for drivers on a subcontractor basis. Doesnt mention having to buy a route or an area. Am interested in all opinions.Am working at present but not happy due to the climate/atmosphere in the firm. Realise that I would have some start up costs but would go for a good 2nd hand van to start with and lease it to spread the costs.

all answers and opinions welcome.

westgolf.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭crunchy62

Would also be interested in opinions on this

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭stedabee

westgolf wrote: »
    Hi everybody.

noticed an ad for nightline looking for drivers on a subcontractor basis. Doesnt mention having to buy a route or an area. Am interested in all opinions.Am working at present but not happy due to the climate/atmosphere in the firm. Realise that I would have some start up costs but would go for a good 2nd hand van to start with and lease it to spread the costs.

all answers and opinions welcome.

westgolf.

Any update on this? Would be keen to hear more? I have a feeling there looking for more drivers because nightline just invested 5 million into parcel motel.

Was looking to set up a delivery service myself so would love some feedback if you have any?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

All,

Checked out the ad by ringing the galway depot and asking questions. The catch seems to be that there are 3 routes or sectors available but they are quite rural based, connemara , south mayo etc.This means that you would be doing big mileage for some calls but only getting the agreed drop rate. I checked out the connemara route and it has clients quite spread out but not many clusters such as industrial estates or business parks. The bigger city and suburbs / main road routes are not available. Apparently the dropout rate is high with some of these routes hence the request to sign a contract. Havent decided yet whether to go further with it but will let ye know

westgolf

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

Hi all, anyone got info on this, if you had a half decent area could you make a living ?
    Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

I Know drivers in the Dublin area and they are some of the best paid for a courier franchise type business, and yes they are making money.
    I dont know about the rural areas.
    I remember speaking to a driver employed directly by Fastways in N Ireland and he told me they had a large turnover of drivers in the rural areas as they could not make it work but the urban guys could make a go of it.

Ask to speak to as many drivers as possible to get an overall picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

I have just found out that Nightline pay drivers more for deliveries (per parcel) in rural areas where the distances are much greater than urban deliveries. This may help compensate for the increase in the cost of fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭bheart65

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to ask if anyone went ahead with this as Nightline are advertising for Local Van Operators in the Midlands at present. It would probably be a lot of rural areas etc. Would anyone know what you could expect to come out with after fuel, insurance, lease or repaying loan on van etc. Also, are the hours very long - I know it's probably 6am starts but would you finish late eg. 11 pm etc.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

do not see the ads anywhere ? I applied months ago, they took ages then asked for a cv, heard nothing since and I have a very good career so far so can not understand why no feedback.

• Advertisement

do not see the ads anywhere ? I applied months ago, they took ages then asked for a cv, heard nothing since and I have a very good career so far so can not understand why no feedback.

They have advertised it in the Leinster Express (Laois area) and Tullamore Tribune (Offaly). Contact details are the same as on their site, I emailed, got a response after about 10 days with the driver application pack to read over and asking me to forward on my CV. Was just hoping for a bit of info before taking it further. They have a new depot due to open in Athlone shortly, according to the ad. Might be advertised in other local papers in different counties, not sure. I won't hold my breath as my CV wouldn't be as good as yours!

Advertisement