Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Screen Replacement

• 13-10-2012 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi

I have a friends Laptop which needs the Screen replaced as He dropped it and damaged the Screen. It is a Dell Inspiron 1545 (Model No. PP41L) I am having trouble finding a screen cheap enough. The code on the back of the broken Screen is LTN156AT01. I just want to know does anyone know of a good site or company that will sell this type of screen for a competitive rate.

kind regards

Colm Towey

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Here you go. Irish company too

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

colmtowey wrote: »
    Hi

I have a friends Laptop which needs the Screen replaced as He dropped it and damaged the Screen. It is a Dell Inspiron 1545 (Model No. PP41L) I am having trouble finding a screen cheap enough. The code on the back of the broken Screen is LTN156AT01. I just want to know does anyone know of a good site or company that will sell this type of screen for a competitive rate.

kind regards

Colm Towey

Dell screens are pretty expensive, and they can't be generic :(, What i mean is, you can't just buy one with same connections and size, and expect it to work. An incorrect one will usually appear very very dark. You'll have to make sure it is compatible.

an LED one works for some DELLS, and i think the 1545 is one of them. LED screens are usually cheaper too.

You could look for a used one on Adverts.ie and ebay, but apart from that, they are usually expensive.

EDIT:
    These don't seem too expensive - Also save some money buy using Parcel Motel as a lot of them ship for free within the U.K.
    http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=DELL+INSPIRON+1545+15.6+LED+SCREEN+C970J

Advertisement