Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lough Aishling trout fishery

Options
  • 13-10-2012 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi.i don't know anything about the lake info would be great.what flies should I use.is the lake stocked normally.should I go there.thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭wgsten

Hi, you might find some info here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

It was stocked about 4 weeks ago. I fished it twice since then. There were loads of small dark olives hatching last weekend. I had over a dozen fish in 3 hours, all in good condition, typical stockie, about a pound and a half.
    Got fish on Olives, klinkhammers, diawal bach and a few on grey minkies (the place is full of rudd so they still hit fry imitations when all else is failing)

Joe is a gent, he'll probably be reluctant to let you go out fishing unless you have at least one cup of tea and several biscuits and a chat and the rates are very cheap, 3 hours for €10, 5 hours for €13 and keep a fish, i think its €20 for the full day.
    You'll fish in places with better fish but its definitely worth a visit for a friendly day out

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Eriesniper

Daroxtar wrote: »
    It was stocked about 4 weeks ago. I fished it twice since then. There were loads of small dark olives hatching last weekend. I had over a dozen fish in 3 hours, all in good condition, typical stockie, about a pound and a half.
    Got fish on Olives, klinkhammers, diawal bach and a few on grey minkies (the place is full of rudd so they still hit fry imitations when all else is failing)

Joe is a gent, he'll probably be reluctant to let you go out fishing unless you have at least one cup of tea and several biscuits and a chat and the rates are very cheap, 3 hours for €10, 5 hours for €13 and keep a fish, i think its €20 for the full day.
    You'll fish in places with better fish but its definitely worth a visit for a friendly day out
    thanks heading up their on monday for a few days.do you know when it will be stocked agin.

Advertisement