Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you like wearing a tie?

• 13-10-2012 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

I hate wearing a tie. It flops about too much and is easily prone to coffee/tea stains. This results in a large tie box full of dirty ties and to the tie shop I must go to upgrade my supply.
    Do you enjoy wearing your tie?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I like the tie and waistcoat combo. Tie on its own with a shirt and jacket is too bland for me. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Youssef Chippo

Athy is lovely hate Newbridge though.

Can't wear a tie. If a shirt fits me correctly, I can't stand to close the top button.

Both of them result in me feeling like Bart Simpson;

http://www.nextlevelnonprofits.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/homer_choking_bart1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

I don't bother with them because they are pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

I can't wear them since I developed Czech neck.

• Advertisement

No!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

Based on how often I borrow them from boys at formal events to go with my dress, yes I do like wearing ties.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭Madam Marie

I like the tie and waistcoat combo. Tie on its own with a shirt and jacket is too bland for me. :pac:

Waistcoat best option for mechanics who like wearing ties also, otherwise their'd be a good chance of ending up looking like Henry Cooper should the tie got suddenly get caught up in the fan belt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Only if she's worth it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Yess, it's amazing
    Freakin love it :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

I hate wearing a tie. It flops about too much and is easily prone to coffee/tea stains. This results in a large tie box full of dirty ties and to the tie shop I must go to upgrade my supply.
    Do you enjoy wearing your tie?

Have you considered a tie pin? It would put an end to those stains. I wear a tie only a few times a year, so it doesn't bother me when I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭judgefudge

Athy is lovely hate Newbridge though.

I also hate Newbridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Depends on the shirt, if the collar is too tight then no. If it is loose enough I dont mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I hate wearing a tie but had to for approx 25 years doing my previous job. Thankfully, my last boss had the same opinion about them, so I didn't have to conform.

One huge bugbear of mine though, is lads who wear a tie very loosely around the neck. Wear it properly or don't bother at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

tie wraps and a four poster bed, great combo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Hersheys wrote: »
    Based on how often I borrow them from boys at formal events to go with my dress, yes I do like wearing ties.

Using them to tie your hands to a bedpost is an incorrect use. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Try a bootlace tie, it doubles as a spare shoelace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

I can't wear them since I developed Czech neck.

Thats had you get for doing cake ya dirty fecking junkie.

Advertisement