Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evolution fury 3 review-ish

Options
  • 13-10-2012 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

Got this saw today, (DeWalt got robbed)... after a few cuts realised it was off square.. not too much trouble, 4 allen bolts on the back. After a quick adjustment it was cutting perfect....

It flies through 2 x 4 and leaves it very smooth with no chipping, I found a bit of 300 x 18 kitchen shelf (plastic coated and usually chips like crazy) .... not even a single splinter on this even though it has to be flipped over to cut as the width is 220.

My advice is, if you are looking for a saw to do skirting and architrave that is light to put in the boot of a car and transport I recommend this over the expensive mitre saws, just keep it to second fix work and avoid cutting metal which it does also allow unless you want to fund blades.........

Overall with the correct setup this gives 10/10 results.

Comments

I have one of those also and I have always had to correct the cuts afterwards due to it not being square.

Can you provide more details on how you can set it to cut true would love to get mine cutting right as it's a great little saw

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭slpower01

First thing... unplug the saw :P.

second: I lower and lock the saw using the pin on the right of it.

third: find either a metal square that will make contact across about 5cm+ of the blade or if not get a plastic set square from drawing and snap off the end (safely) to get it to fit.

forth: work out which was the fence has to move to make it square and losen three of the allen head bolts behind the fence a slight bit that will allow it to move keeping the allen key in the furthest screw. Move the fence till the square is flat against the blade and fence and tighten the allen screw and then the two other screws in between.

To check if its cutting perfect.... get some planed timber and cut a 45 then flip it over and slide it down to say 6inches and leave a precise pencil mark on the fence and cut another 45....do this 4 times and put them together... all the joints should be spot on after this.

Hope this might help.

Cheers for that. I'll have a look at it when I get home

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Is that the chopsaw that cuts metal. ? I'm surprised you get a good cut from it as it runs slower than your standard mitre saw.
    Have you tried cutting metal - I'd be interested in how it performs compared to a powered hacksaw.

cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭slpower01

I havent attempted to cut metal and dont think I will to be honest, I guess its down to how you use the saw... I go slow through the timber do one pass to cut the top then pull back and do another pass through with the blade fully lowered and it leaves an almost planed finish, will try and upload pics if you want tomorrow ??

• Advertisement
Advertisement