Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Douglas park vandalized again

Options
  • 13-10-2012 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭

It seems the playground in Douglas park has been vandalized once again. We hadn't been there in a while but when we got there today this is what we saw.

The photo's are quite large which is why I haven't just embedded them here.

singedground1.jpg
    singedground2.jpg
    swingbars.jpg

The swings have been since been removed, they were set alight and most likely ruined given the amount of debris on the ground. Its an absolute shame that once again the park has been vandalized by scumbags who have nothing better to do than ruin one of the few amenities Douglas has.

It's not like this stuff is cheap. If only there was some sort of surveillance focused on the playpark then maybe these assholes could be caught.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

That's a bloody disgrace.
    Why would scum do that to a children's playground of all places?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

mik_da_man wrote: »
    That's a bloody disgrace.
    Why would scum do that to a children's playground of all places?

Because the Teenagers here in Douglas are getting out of control and their parents haven't got a clue :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

hoodwinked wrote: »
    Because the Teenagers here in Douglas are getting out of control and their parents haven't got a clue :mad:

You are correct, those parents probably think that just because they live there, their kids won't get up to much, because currently the place does not seem to have the same issues as other areas in the suburbs of the city.

But it is only a matter of time, plenty of teenagers with the usual complaint of nothing to do. However there are plenty of different sports clubs, scouts etc in Douglas.
    I suppose though, there will always be scum bags, just like these animals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

kub wrote: »
    You are correct, those parents probably think that just because they live there, their kids won't get up to much, because currently the place does not seem to have the same issues as other areas in the suburbs of the city.

But it is only a matter of time, plenty of teenagers with the usual complaint of nothing to do. However there are plenty of different sports clubs, scouts etc in Douglas.
    I suppose though, there will always be scum bags, just like these animals.

there are sports clubs but even teenagers with training from 5-7pm will be out on the streets at 10pm doing **** like this...

i find its parent who say things like "oh my little so and so is in training so he/she has no time to get upto mischief are very misleading.

growing up it was the ones playing sports who went smoking and drinking while those of us with no physical activities never touched the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

The park is a joke on Saturday evenings/nights, it's overrun with young teenagers drinking and not giving a shite who sees them. Surely it wouldn't kill the guards to walk through it a few times on a Saturday night, the station is only two minutes down the road. Might deter them a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Isn't the station closed on a Saturday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

In all due fairness do you people think that The Gardai sit inside the station, just waiting to be called out just like the fire brigade?

The station in Douglas probably is closed on Saturday nights, just like other nights. It is not a 24 hour station, however the Gardai stationed there are out in patrol cars around Douglas 24 hours around the clock, unless of course they are on a meal break etc.
    Of course while they are on their break, the Douglas area is still being looked after by the adjoining areas such as Togher, Carrigaline and the city centre.

The Gardai, due probably to financial constraints now provide more of a responsive type service. Therefore instead of posting on here that they should do this, that or the other, why not report the fact to the Gardai that there are underage kids drinking in the park? How are they supposed to know this if no one reports it?

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mcko

I stopped bring my kids to the play ground in Douglas because of the anti social behaviour of the teen agers hanging around. I live in Glasheen and go to most of the play grounds in the city and it was the worst one I have been to. Carragaline is excellent, no messing and no teens acting the fool

Advertisement