Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Room too small to mount a projector to the ceiling. Any ways around it?

• 13-10-2012 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

I bought a projector a few years back and I would project it onto a white wall with it sitting on a coffee table.

I have decided to buy a white screen and mounted it to the back wall. I now want to have the projector hanging from the ceiling but when I went to see how high it would have to be from the ceiling I found out to my disappointment that it would have to be at least at head height in order for the projector to fit onto the screen. Any higher and it will be too big for the screen.

I have it as far back from the screen as possible and there is no way I could have it sit on a table anymore as it would basically have to be sitting on top of the couch. I can get it about 2 - 3 meters away from the screen but no further.

Any suggestions on how I could have it hang from the ceiling without being at head height?

Regards,
    James

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Is there no way to adjust the Keystone setting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Ceiling mount with tilt and keystone correction? What height is your ceiling, standard 8+ foot?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭james142

There is no keystone setting on the projector itself sadly. The ceiling is the standard 8ft until it reaches the back where the ceiling comes down to 7ft due to a girder or something along the lines of that.

I have figured out that by placing the projector upside down it will fit onto the screen perfectly. The only problem is that the image is upside down. Is there any way of getting the input to display the image upside down before reaching the projector (without using a computer as the source because there is no connection for computers on the projector)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 RonnieWhelan

james142 wrote: »
    I have figured out that by placing the projector upside down it will fit onto the screen perfectly. The only problem is that the image is upside down. Is there any way of getting the input to display the image upside down before reaching the projector (without using a computer as the source because there is no connection for computers on the projector)

If you go into the setting you should be able to change the setting to Ceiling Front/Ceiling Rear/etc you will get the picture upside down.

• Advertisement

If you go into the setting you should be able to change the setting to Ceiling Front/Ceiling Rear/etc you will get the picture upside down.

I've tried that but there is no option to do so. Is there some sort of adapter I could get to invert the image before reaching the projector?

Perhaps buying a new projector would work out better..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 RonnieWhelan

james142 wrote: »
    I've tried that but there is no option to do so. Is there some sort of adapter I could get to invert the image before reaching the projector?

Perhaps buying a new projector would work out better..

what type of PJ have you?, i'll send you a pm.

Advertisement