Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letter of Introduction

• 13-10-2012 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere before and I'm 90% sure I've answered this for myself before as well haha, but I just wanted some help/info if anyone here can give that -

Basically I applied for the working visa at the start of the year. I got approved and was granted my Letter of Introduction on the 14th of June this year. My circumstances had changed which meant that I would need to save money for at least a year before actually being able to afford a move to Canada.

I scoured the IEC website at the time and I'm 90% sure that I saw that the Letter of Introduction acted as permission to be granted a visa at a port of entry. The way I read it, the Letter was valid for one year (and it states this on the letter, it will expire on the 14/6/2013), but if my reading is right does this mean that I have until next June to START my one year visa? In other words, I stay here saving money until May next year, and then fly to Canada with the Letter of Introduction from this year to be granted my visa from June 2013 to June 2014?

Or have I completely misread/misunderstood the situation and need to reapply for the programme when it becomes available in December/January?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

you have 1 year from the date on the letter to arrive in Canada. Otherwise it expires.

On arrival with your letter you will be issued a work permit valid for a maximum of 1 year starting on the day of your arrival in Canada.

Advertisement