Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can't I view some forums?

Options
  • 13-10-2012 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

Just wondering why I cannot view some forums? Thanks
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

You know what would be super helpful?

A list of the forums you can't view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

tbh wrote: »
    You know what would be super helpful?

A list of the forums you can't view.

The SaG forum for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

2 possible reasons.
    1. Your banned from some forums.
    2. They are private and you need to apply for permission to them.

ken wrote: »
    2 possible reasons.
    1. Your banned from some forums.
    2. They are private and you need to apply for permission to them.
    Ok thanks. I think it's no.2! How do I apply for permission? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Find out who the mods of the forum are and pm them asking for access.

• Advertisement

ken wrote: »
    Find out who the mods of the forum are and pm them asking for access.
    Ok thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Ok thanks

Some are invite only.

If I'm right, with regards to SaG, you need to be invited by a member that has access. Then there's the likes of Ranting and Raving/soccer, where you need to PM a moderator to gain access, or Sex and Sexuality and First Class Lounge, where you need to be a subscriber or, in the case of S&S, be a moderator of a forum (unless this rule has changed?).

If I'm right, with regards to SaG, you need to be invited by a member that has access. Then there's the likes of Ranting and Raving/soccer, where you need to PM a moderator to gain access, or Sex and Sexuality and First Class Lounge, where you need to be a subscriber or, in the case of S&S, be a moderator of a forum (unless this rule has changed?).

Oh ok, thanks for that info.

Just re-read; moderators and subscribers get access to Sex and Sexuality - I had phrased that somewhat badly.

There's a lot of private forums (think a substantial percentage of the total forums on boards are private and de-listed, unless that's changed), which would require a moderator or a user to invite you, like the new Lolocaust (the name of it escapes me, but you would see it referenced sometimes in You Laugh, You Lose especially.

Alongside this, there's the likes of the Ladies Lounge, which I think has a private forum of their own, where they discuss events and meet-ups, which would require a PM to a moderator to access.

And now I've realized that I spend far far too much time on boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Just re-read; moderators and subscribers get access to Sex and Sexuality - I had phrased that somewhat badly.

There's a lot of private forums (think a substantial percentage of the total forums on boards are private and de-listed, unless that's changed), which would require a moderator or a user to invite you, like the new Lolocaust (the name of it escapes me, but you would see it referenced sometimes in You Laugh, You Lose especially.

Lolocaust isn't real, it never happened. it's just a conspiracy theory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Lolocaust isn't real, it never happened. it's just a conspiracy theory.

Neither did Nein 11. It's all a historical fiction.

Advertisement