Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop getting faster wifi download speed than tablet or phone

Options
  • 13-10-2012 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭

Today I upgraded from 25mbps to 50mpbs with UPC and got a new Cisco EPC3925.

If I run UPCs own speed test on my laptop I am close to 50 download, and about 5 upload. The laptop is connecting wirelessly, and is about 5 feet from the router. My Nexus tablet and HTC phone will only receive about 36 and 4 for download and upload, at the same distance from the router. They also seem to lose connection frequently.

Any ideas why this might be happening

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

Today I upgraded from 25mbps to 50mpbs with UPC and got a new Cisco EPC3925.

If I run UPCs own speed test on my laptop I am close to 50 download, and about 5 upload. The laptop is connecting wirelessly, and is about 5 feet from the router. My Nexus tablet and HTC phone will only receive about 36 and 4 for download and upload, at the same distance from the router. They also seem to lose connection frequently.

Any ideas why this might be happening

I dont see a problem here. The quoted 50Mbps speed is what is delivered over cable. All wireless systems have losses.especially with portable or handheld devices...these generally have poor antennas, and slower processors.

In short - I think you are doing fine.

-FoxT

Advertisement