Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Russian comedy

• 13-10-2012 8:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone,

I have come across a new Russian comedy series called "100500". Not for everyone but it has some truly unique moments. Also very helpful for those who want to learn contemporary Russian language. It doesn't show Russia in the best light though.

http://www.youtube.com/user/adamthomasmoran?feature=results_main

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭survivor2

Contemporary Russian TV is full of similar 'unique' moments with drunk men,brutal rapists,police stories etc.

It looks like tv is degrading and many Russians call it 'zombovision'(зомбовидение).

Also,they call a tv set: 'zombobox'(зомбоящик)

This is the real modern language if you want :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

http://www.youtube.com/user/ThisIsHorosho

вот еще быстрo говорящий русский парень

P.S. Не забудьте Hаша Pаша!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 knoxwilliam

да нет
    вот ЭТО да
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0hWdVZ-9uQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭PandaX9

survivor2 wrote: »
    'zombovision'(зомбовидение).

'zomboshelf'(зомбоящик)

This is the real modern language if you want :)

I'm Russian and I have never, ever heard those two words being used. And I'm reasonably young so I'm fairly up to date on slang.

Is it a regional piece of slang? definitely haven't heard it being used in the mainstream.

For context for irish people: There are many words that moscovites or people from different cities use and then they go to somewhere like Novosibirsk and the locals don't have a clue what they're trying to say.

For example, where I'm from we say викториа as opposed to клубника. But they're not interchangeable throughout all of Russia so I would avoid recommending that anyone use Victoria instead of the correct term. It might just confuse beginners.

PandaX9 wrote: »
    I'm Russian and I have never, ever heard those two words being used. And I'm reasonably young so I'm fairly up to date on slang.

Is it a regional piece of slang? definitely haven't heard it being used in the mainstream.

For context for irish people: There are many words that moscovites or people from different cities use and then they go to somewhere like Novosibirsk and the locals don't have a clue what they're trying to say.

For example, where I'm from we say викториа as opposed to клубника. But they're not interchangeable throughout all of Russia so I would avoid recommending that anyone use Victoria instead of the correct term. It might just confuse beginners.

зомбоящик sounds like "zombodrawer" or "zombobox" rather than "zomboshelf" whatever "zombo" is.

• Advertisement

зомбоящик sounds like "zombodrawer" or "zombobox" rather than "zomboshelf" whatever "zombo" is.

I meant drawer as opposed to shelf. Was trying to point out that it doesn't translate to box or tv. in fact I've never heard a tv being called ящик. Zombo is just a supposed slang prefix meaning zombie.
    Which is why I'm leaning towards this being a piece of regional slang ie not used everywhere.

For classic Russian comedy, go to the mosfilm channel on YouTube and watch some of the soviet era classics, most of them have subtitles.

PandaX9 wrote: »
    I meant drawer as opposed to shelf. Was trying to point out that it doesn't translate to box or tv. in fact I've never heard a tv being called ящик. Zombo is just a supposed slang prefix meaning zombie.
    Which is why I'm leaning towards this being a piece of regional slang ie not used everywhere.

For classic Russian comedy, go to the mosfilm channel on YouTube and watch some of the soviet era classics, most of them have subtitles.

thx for the tip.

sometimes i go to http://my-hit.ru/

no subtitles.

ящик

1 box, case, chest
    2 drawer
    3 boob tube (TV set)

а "зомбиящик"? как?

i think i have heard yashik for tv. im not totally sure though.

certainly ТВ means телевидение (spelling?) and not the box

ящик

1 box, case, chest
    2 drawer
    3 boob tube (TV set)

а "зомбиящик"? как?

i think i have heard yashik for tv. im not totally sure though.

certainly ТВ means телевидение (spelling?) and not the box

Fair enough, and yeah you're right. But I mean the actual TV/tv set itself. I have always stuck to and only heard it being called a телевизор/televisor. Not saying box/ящик is wrong, just that it is probably more common in certain regions than in others. Where I'm from, the people tend to stick with the "correct"/traditional Russian words for things (even though we made up our own word for strawberry :rolleyes:), that isn't to say that any other words are wrong - they just tend to be specific to certain areas.

All I meant in response to survivor is that I wouldn't personally recommend beginners or Russian language enthusiasts to use slang because it could originate from a specific region and thus be unclear. Case in point, I'm a fluent Russian speaker and I have never heard of zombobox. But by all means, use it if you're confident in your speaking abilities :)

Here is the Mosfilm youtube channel.

"Ирония судьбы, или С легким паром" is an absolute classic, except it is a very New Year/holiday season based film so it may seem silly to watch it now.

Another great film is "Джентльмены удачи".

Both are light-hearted comedies :)

bizarre. i just watched ironiya sud'by two days ago. i even have some of the soundtrack on my iphone. it was about an address mix-up and the guy meets a woman and dumps his gf and goes for the new chick. she leaves spb and goes to moscow to move in with your man and his ma basically. they have same address diff cities.

• Advertisement

Panda ты вообще откуда родом?? из Рашкы что ли? я сам с Канады

the soundtrack is amazing isn't it!

Я из Нижнего Новгорода

а живешь в ирландий?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭survivor2

Итак, ЗОМБОЯЩИК. Ранее употреблялось слово ЗОМБИЯЩИК,но,в последннее время "и" заменяют на "о".
    Наверное,так удобнее.

I'd say this is not a regional slang,but,probably,Russian internet slang quickly spreading in living spoken Russian .This word means tv which making zombies from human beings operating tools like propaganda,violence,lie etc.

You can easily find a lot of links dedicated to ZOMBOYASHCHIK :

http://lurkmore.to/%D0%97%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%B1%D0%BE%D1%8F%D1%89%D0%B8%D0%BA

http://tv.km.ru/zomboyashchik-kto-i-kak-manipuli

http://www.mk.ru/daily/newspaper/article/2012/12/12/786638-zomboyaschik-ne-mif-a-realnost.html etc

Advertisement