Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheesecake Recipe Question

Options
  • 13-10-2012 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have followed this recipe but it does not say how long I have to set it for in the fridge.

Any advice?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

K09 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have followed this recipe but it does not say how long I have to set it for in the fridge.

Any advice?

Thanks!!

This is so similar to the one I love to make! You need to leave it ideally for about eight hours or more.....it will be worth the wait, trust me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

No refrigeration necessary

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

mitosis wrote: »
    No refrigeration necessary

Refrigeration is necessary.Sure it can be eaten when made but it won't have the consistency of cheesecake-the ingredients need time to bind and reset

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭K09

Merkin wrote: »
    This is so similar to the one I love to make! You need to leave it ideally for about eight hours or more.....it will be worth the wait, trust me!!

8hrs!!? I was hoping 2-3 at most

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Merkin wrote: »
    Refrigeration is necessary.Sure it can be eaten when made but it won't have the consistency of cheesecake-the ingredients need time to bind and reset

I think it suggests you can serve straight away, that's why he's using the ring to hold the cream in place and there is no base just a crumb sprinkled on top, so no setting required there either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement