Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband oranmore maree clarinbridge

• 13-10-2012 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi I'm living in the Maree area outside Oranmore and am unhappy with the speed eircom provides through the landline - download speed is less than 1mb and upload speed is terrible at .2 mb - I have contacted eircom and they say the problem is with the outside old phone lines supplying the area . I'm wondering does anyone have experience of other broadband providers in the area like satellite broadband ( Tooway , Onwave , Qsat ??) or lightnet in loughrea . I'm slow to go with one of this providers when the installation fee is quite high without finding out other people experiences on speeds and service provided . All I'm looking for is a good download speed and a reasonable upload speed( to post on YouTube) . Any help / information would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Maree has an NGB exchange ( opposite church) , complain like bedamned to eircom and get all your neighbours to do the same. The Reps in the Boards eircom forum are very helpful in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 fissureseal

Spongebob, Do you know any good broadband that covers maree,and has good upload speed's as I would be uploading to YouTube, but I can't do that at the moment because of our eircom , if you could make any suggestions I'd really appreciate it, thanks :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Digiweb Metro I'd say.

Advertisement