Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pier fishing

Options
  • 13-10-2012 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

hi there,

This may be a stupid question, but i'm just wondering - if i wanted to do a bit of fishing off a pier (say Dun Laoghaire/Bray or somewhere), can i just land down there with a rod and fish away? Do i need a permit or anything, or will anyone run me out of there and tell me i'm not allowed fish there?

I'm just looking for something to do for a few hours at the weekend; i remember my da bringing me to do a bit of fishing when i was a young lad, would like to do something similar with my kids now.

Any advice appreciated folks, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

hi there,

This may be a stupid question, but i'm just wondering - if i wanted to do a bit of fishing off a pier (say Dun Laoghaire/Bray or somewhere), can i just land down there with a rod and fish away? Do i need a permit or anything, or will anyone run me out of there and tell me i'm not allowed fish there?

I'm just looking for something to do for a few hours at the weekend; i remember my da bringing me to do a bit of fishing when i was a young lad, would like to do something similar with my kids now.

Any advice appreciated folks, thanks

If its a public pier then you should have no problem fishing you don't need a permit to fish anywhere in the sea
    Good luck hope u enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Spr1ngsteen

Fair play, thanks rebel, appreciate it

Advertisement