Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub for a quiz

Options
  • 13-10-2012 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi
    I'm looking for suggestions for a good pub in the D15 area where I could organise a small pub quiz, for a small private group, on a mid week night.

We'll probably have about 20-30 at most, so it doesn't need to be too big.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Maybe try phoning Kellys pub in Ongar. It's quiet enough midweek and they might appreciate the business. If it was open to all, I'm sure a few locals might like to turn up to support it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Clonsilla inn could be good....the layout might suit a quiz IMO

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

amdublin wrote: »
    Clonsilla inn could be good....the layout might suit a quiz IMO

Was at a quiz there before and it was a pretty good venue

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I've been at quizzes at Roselawn Inn, Clonsilla Inn, Halfway House and the Carpenter, all good for this type of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Gaspode wrote: »
    I've been at quizzes at Roselawn Inn, Clonsilla Inn, Halfway House and the Carpenter, all good for this type of thing.

I've been to quiz's here too. They suited the event. I don't think the Ongar pub would work as well as some of these venues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭eddie

Gaspode wrote: »

Roselawn is good, self containced function area with bar, and good parking beside 24 hour Tesco.

Advertisement