Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cream is off colour :(

• 13-10-2012 10:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Cats went to the vet today for their boosters, had a check up and all that and everything was fine for Cream so he got his Leukemia vaccine. But since coming home he's been off his food and won't even take a treat for me, and he just seems off form. He is normally fine after any trips to the vet and normal boosters but it's the first time he has gotten the one for Leukemia. Has anyone had this kind of thing happen after a vaccine?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

One of my cats acts very strange after his vaccinations. He's lethargic for a day or two and won't let me touch him. He's always fine afterwards though so I've stopped worrying. I hope Cream feels better soon!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Yep can take them a day or two to get back to normal, don't worry too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Thanks guys! He is normally so hyper and insane I worry about the slightist change in him! Actually, Peach has to wear a cone for a few days, does anyone have any tips to help keep her comfy? I took of the cone for the moment because shes passed out on my lap, but it will have to go on once shes in bed for the night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

Hope he's ok this morning. I don't get the leukemia vaccination done anymore after one of mine had a severe reaction. She was panting and shaking that evening, and really ill for a few days afterwards. Asked different vets about it and have been told by one that reactions are very rare, and by another that they see quite a bit of this and no longer use the vaccine as standard.

He is still off form, not wanting to be touched or anything but he let me hand feed him so he mus be feeling a small bit better :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Our chap had to have a cone on for a few weeks, it was too big for him, so we cut it back by about half the size. We put a bit of surgical tape around the sharp rim of the cone to stop it being noisy when he bumped into anything. When it was cut shorter it made it much easier to manouver around the house, eat and get comfortable. Hope he feels better soon.

Cream just ate a big bowl of food and started weaving around my legs, I think he might be better :D Peach is learning to cope with the cone, I tried leaving it off for a few minutes while she was sitting on my lap but she went straight for her sore spot again. Good tip about putting tape around the edges though, I must do that when she falls asleep! She's happy she can still play with her catnip toy though :D

Advertisement