Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are all these Compatable?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

First, even without looking at your build you have made a potentially disastrous decision, considering buying off pixmania :pac:

Seriously, in the unlikely event that you get a dead on arrival product, they are horrible to deal with. Also, the prices are pretty bad.

Anyway, the power supply might be dodgy. 750w for €40 sets off alarm bells immediately when it comes to the quality and how reliable the product is!

You should have a browse around http://www2.hardwareversand.de/home.jsp?lb

Shipping is €20 extra HOWEVER it is a flat, once off payment :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

As N64 said, on first glance everything looks ok but the PSU could do with an upgrade. You won't need the 750w so spend the same amount on fewer watts but more features.

http://www2.hardwareversand.de/400+-+500+Watts/53223/Thermaltake+Smart+Power+430W.article

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭IIIAcHmEdIII

i meant to mention too that i already have a 450W power supply but thought id need more considering the size of the graphics card.

what would be the main problem id see if i didnt have enough power? would it damage the system or just not work to its full potential?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

You can use a power supply calculator to calculate what you need.

i meant to mention too that i already have a 450W power supply but thought id need more considering the size of the graphics card.

what would be the main problem id see if i didnt have enough power? would it damage the system or just not work to its full potential?

The system may crash and be unstable. I don't know the specifics of that power supply, but buying a cheap one can be a costly mistake, along with taking itself out - it could also take the rest of the components out with it!

Not saying this will happen if you decide to buy the one listed above, but its better to buy a power supply from reputable companies and not generic ones

• Advertisement

N64 wrote: »

The system may crash and be unstable. I don't know the specifics of that power supply, but buying a cheap one can be a costly mistake, along with taking itself out - it could also take the rest of the components out with it!

Not saying this will happen if you decide to buy the one listed above, but its better to buy a power supply from reputable companies and not generic ones

I ust used the site that was linked there and got a rough need of psu of around 350w so would ye say id be better buying a good 600w for that price region ? Also had a look on that site ye recomended and they seem about 20 euro cheaper on every thing. Do ye know if they take paypal?

Thanks guys

They don't take paypal unfortunately,but they do accept bank transfer (which is relatively simple to do via online banking)

This power supply is a forum Favorite:
    http://www1.hardwareversand.de/500+-+600+Watts/30069/Super-Flower+Amazon+80Plus+550W.article

They don't take paypal unfortunately,but they do accept bank transfer (which is relatively simple to do via online banking)

This power supply is a forum Favorite:
    http://www1.hardwareversand.de/500+-+600+Watts/30069/Super-Flower+Amazon+80Plus+550W.article

I went to checkout there last night to check and they had paypal as an option . Thanks for the Link do you know if this psu will be compatable with everything in the 660ti needs 2X6_pin connectors.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

1 x 6 pin PCI Express power ¦ 1 x 8 pin PCI Express power with detachable 2 pin section

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

It's pretty loud, and pretty expensive. I wouldn't bother with it to be honest.

It's grand, but kind of expensive. It's semi modular, which cuts down the cabling a little, but not by a whole lot.

Nice PSU, but I'm not sure that I'd give it €20 more worth of nice over the 550W amazon.

Eboggles wrote: »
    It's pretty loud, and pretty expensive. I wouldn't bother with it to be honest.

I have the higher wattage version of it and its not loud at all? :confused: The build quality is better than the amazon, but its up to you weather you want to spend the extra €24 or not. You do get a better warranty with the corsair though.

I have the higher wattage version of it and its not loud at all? :confused: The build quality is better than the amazon, but its up to you weather you want to spend the extra €24 or not. You do get a better warranty with the corsair though.

That's what I was thinking. If I go with the cheaper one it could short and blow my whole system where as with the corsair I at least have a warranty and a well known name.

if i did go for this one would it have all the necessery cables or would i need to buy some. i know the graphics card comes with some cables.

thanks

That's what I was thinking. If I go with the cheaper one it could short and blow my whole system where as with the corsair I at least have a warranty and a well known name.

What? Any PSU could destroy a whole system, but that's more likely to be the one that you chose originally. Superflower extended the warranty on those PSUs a while ago from 3 to 5 years, so you are fairly safe there. They're a good quality PSU and loads of people have bought them from here. The only thing is that you would probably be returning the PSU to hardwareversand as I don't think they have a solid European return system. So Corsair wins out there, but for an extra 50% cost, I'm not sure I'd be that concerned.

Only cable you need when buying a PSU/entire build from Germany is the plug from PSU to the wall. Same kind as in most PCs.

Advertisement