Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity Collection permit for Grafton Street?

Options
  • 13-10-2012 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Hey, myself and about 10 other students from my school are climbing Mount Kilimanjaro next year for charity, and we were wondering do we need a permit to do a bucket collection on Grafton Street?

If we do where would we go to get one?

Thanks! - nim

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭kodoherty93

nimrod86 wrote: »
    Hey, myself and about 10 other students from my school are climbing Mount Kilimanjaro next year for charity, and we were wondering do we need a permit to do a bucket collection on Grafton Street?

If we do where would we go to get one?

Thanks! - nim

You do need a permit. You must go to a Garda station and asked for one. Even with one a majority of shops will ask you to move and request you stay away from their shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Contact Pearse Street Garda Station. The sergeant there will tell you what you need to do. Good luck with your fundraising and your climb.

Edit: Also, what charity are you doing it for? They may have procedures set up for this already.

Advertisement