Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Director redemption?

• 14-10-2012 12:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi, last year I did a stint as first time director, I always wanted to do it and did it but it was a nightmare with a walk-out on the first rehearsel by one actor but he came back, I had to act and direct, I was supposed to be given director help but that person ended up acting in his own play and directing his own one act, lack of committment from another actor, fell off the stage (at the off-stage wing thankfully no-one saw but heard unfortunetly a big bang). If it wasn't for the ladies of the group I would be screwed but I still feel a bit of me didn't get a good enough support.
    I don't know how I did it though but it was tough really challenging. I have this feeling to maybe try and 'redeem' myself as a director more or less to see is there an artist in me at all despite I was working with amateur dramatics.

Did any first-time directors find there experience a nightmare also but went back again to direct anyways? Well two from the amateur dramatics believe I have nothing to redeem but I am just wondering for myself. Apparently I am suprised to hear falling of the stage is a common occurence for actors!

Advertisement