Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegi and Vegan website help

Options
  • 14-10-2012 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey, fellow vegans and vegetarians!

During this semester in college, I am going to be building and promoting a website across 2 modules; Web Development and eMarketing. I’m making a ‘Vegi and Vegan Dublin’ site that will have information on all the places you can find vegan and vegetarian food in Dublin. It is aimed at helping tourists and Dublin based people alike looking for vegi/vegan food.

There is no solid website offering just this information(I know there is happycow.net etc) so thought it would be a great idea. I plan to carry on with it after I submit it as an assignment.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions they think I should include(ie. places you know where there are vegi and specifically vegan options) please let me know! Plans so far:

-Information about all vegan, vegetarian restaurants, health food stores, normal restaurants that offer vegi/vegan options(for those who are with non vegi/vegan people).
    -Including near by tourist information of attractions etc to restaurants/cafes so tourists can plan around the meal. Plus maps.
    -Links to several Dublin/Ireland based vegi/vegan blogs.
    -Social media campaign to promote the site and share information from vegi/vegan restaurants/associations based in Dublin.

I hope it works out well and can be an additional marketing platform for existing vegan/vegi establishments in Dublin. There has been a couple closures of restaurants over the past few years so I think it would be nice to help the existing ones out in any way possible.

I have also created an extremely 3 question survey for vegans and vegetarians to answer. It's just asking about if and how they search information about vegetarian and vegan restaurants before traveling. Here is the link and if you could help me, I would really appreciate it!
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TMXMLQB

Thanks again for any help!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

sounds cool, good luck with it.
    IMO I think it would be cool to combine a site like happycow or something but make it more of a community try make it as user friendly and get people talking more, There's a lot of things on happycow where nobody has bothered reviewing etc.
    Generally happycow has some great ideas but I dont like the layout of the site.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭Serendipity99

This is a great idea! Do you also plan to keep the site up-to-date as time goes on?
    I maintain the Cork Vegans website - www.corkvegans.ie - and I find that I regularly have to make changes to the vegan-friendly restaurant list to keep up with the changing situation.
    For example, one cafe used to serve vegan cupcakes, then stopped serving them, then started serving vegan cookies, then stopped serving those. I have had to change their entry on the list each time the situation changed! Currently, I don't know if they have started serving more vegan options and the only way to know this is to actually visit the cafe or phone them. You'll have your work cut out for you, but if you're committed and you enjoy doing this it will work out great!
    In addition to the Happy Cow there is also a new app called vegman: http://www.vegman.org/
    Happy Cow is fine, but I think it would be great to have another resource in addition to this, so people can cross-reference and double check.
    There is a restaurant in Dun Laoghaire which I was told was very keen on doing vegan options - the Gourmet Food Parlour (the contact there is Kasia). They have a number of outlets around Dublin also.
    If you would like to contact me in relation to your project please feel free to email me at: corkvegans@gmail.com.

Cheers!
    :)

Advertisement