Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your Most Disgusting Food Habits

• 14-10-2012 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

I read on another thread about someone having bananas with their fry... And most people I know have some weird food habits.. So whats your weirdest indulgence?

Mines is pork scratchings (crisps)& minstrels in a bowl & eaten at the same time. Delish.
    It used to be dry Koka Noodles till I realised how dangerous that was.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Shinaynay wrote: »
    I read on another thread about someone having bananas with their fry... And most people I know have some weird food habits.. So whats your weirdest indulgence?

Mines is pork scratchings (crisps)& minstrels in a bowl & eaten at the same time. Delish.

Dry Koka Noodles is dangerous? How?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I have a few odd food habits. One is onion with salt on it. Just cut up and onion and eat it with loads of salt on it, and tea. The tea stops the burning. It's actually nice :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I dip biscuits into soup.

Chocolate hob nobs and leek and potato soup is so good.

[-0-] wrote: »
    Dry Koka Noodles is dangerous? How?

I believe it's because they expand in your stomach, or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Coleslaw and ketchup in a beef burger. Is that disgusting? People usually tell me it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

I always take a lump of the Koka noodles and munch on it before I cook them. how is it dangerous?

I eat white/black pudding raw before I cook it as well. A lot of people seem to do this but a lot of others seem horrified by it. Raw white pudding is yum though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Aoifey! wrote: »
    I have a few odd food habits. One is onion with salt on it. Just cut up and onion and eat it with loads of salt on it, and tea. The tea stops the burning. It's actually nice :P

http://www.gepr.org/en/contents/20120820-04/

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Shinaynay

[Quote=[-0-];81236004]
    Shinaynay wrote: »

Dry Koka Noodles is dangerous? How?[/Quote]
    it expands in you stomach

Coleslaw and ketchup in a beef burger. Is that disgusting? People usually tell me it is.
    that's not too bad.. If it was coleslaw & strawberry jam I'd be worried

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Bisuits in soup?! Onions with salt and tea?! Dry Koka noodles?! What the heck is wrong with you people?

Weetabix with pureed banana in hot water is yumtastic. Hold the milk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Are dry noodles still dangerous if you're not a pigeon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

I'm a sucker for baby food.. Nom nom nom

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    Bisuits in soup?! Onions with salt and tea?! Dry Koka noodles?! What the heck is wrong with you people?

Weetabix with pureed banana in hot water is yumtastic. Hold the milk.

Biscuits in soup cant be real

Kurz wrote: »
    Are dry noodles still dangerous if you're not a pigeon?
    Im sure its not healthy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

:o I love biscuits in soup...not that weird surely?

Try it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Joekers

Vinegar with koka noodles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Twix wrapped in a slice of ham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

If I see Nutella in the cupboard I always scoop up a bit with my finger. It's too good to avoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Cant eat scrambled or fried eggs without loads and loads of ketchup. My dad is the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Cydoniac wrote: »
    If I see Nutella in the cupboard I always scoop up a bit with my finger. It's too good to avoid.

That's not weird... Now, if you were shoving your nutella covered finger up your ass, that would be weird! Very weird.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Us Irish love our crisp sambos.

But one for me that I used to love as a kid, no longer mind you was chickatee sambos. The chickatees turned to a sawdust like substance when pressed with the bread but I loved them back in the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

Kurz wrote: »
    I always take a lump of the Koka noodles and munch on it before I cook them. how is it dangerous?

I eat white/black pudding raw before I cook it as well. A lot of people seem to do this but a lot of others seem horrified by it. Raw white pudding is yum though.

I used to eat pudding raw as a child but it's actually dangerous I think.

I used to pour salt on butter and just eat it all together.

I love ketchup sandwiches - plain bread and a dollop of ketchup all squished together!

Pasta sandwiches are wicked - pasta with bolognese sauce and tuna on bread and butter. Nom nom nom.

Beetroot sandwiches and cucumber sandwiches. Big fan of sandwiches really.

My friend put me onto toast, mayo and cheese which is surprisingly tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

Pesto on EVERRRRYTHING.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Pudding is usually already cooked/boiled.
    Think it's a bit of a northside Dub thing to do. Used to work with a woman who'd eat raw white pud for her morning break.

Hot Popcorn with butter and m&ms. Haven't had them in a while but holy god it's amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Youssef Chippo

I'm partial to the odd cake jumper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Pudding is usually already cooked/boiled.
    Think it's a bit of a northside Dub thing to do. Used to work with a woman who'd eat raw white pud for her morning break.

Hot Popcorn with butter and m&ms. Haven't had them in a while but holy god it's amazing.

Yep pudding is already cooked, your basically just heating it up and browning it off.

I used to eat raw sausages as a child, they were so nice, turns my stomach now though and god only knows how I didn't get sick from it, my older sister used to do the same and she was the one who started giving them to me.
    Also we used to make bun mix and eat it raw.

I started eating chips, cheese and gravy which in the isle of man and still love it to this day, apparently thats rotten but a curry, cheese chip isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Aoifey! wrote: »
    I believe it's because they expand in your stomach, or something like that.

Why is that dangerous though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Brown sauce sambos

Throwback for the 80's when we had no meat to go on it:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

It's not. You'd have to eat a stupid amount of them raw to sufficiently fill your stomach to a point that the expansion would start causing problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

not weird but lazy, egg in a cup in the microwave and then spread on toast, make sure you cover it as it explodes everywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

pasta with hot curry sauce poured on it with soe salt :)
    another one was hot lips with bread sambos :)

Just eating a pack wouldn't matter but if you ate as much dry noodles as you could til you were totally full and then they expand in your stomach there could be a problem. Not that anyone would actually eat that much dry noodles, but still :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

I feel so normal when it comes to eatin. :pac:

lot wired things here but i seriously cant think of anything out of place. Dont mix foods meat is on its own and then all the rest is on its own not onions with salt :p

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Denise90

Really glad I wasn't the only person who ate dry noodles!
    Corn flakes with dry porridge on top, people find that weird but I don't see why.
    I made the mistake of eating some dairy milk while still chewing a cocktail sausage one day... I've never looked back, they taste so good together!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭jimmyjoe951

Cucumber and mayonnaise sandwich

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭SunDog

A friend of mine used to nibble on fire lighters. Disturbing yes but I always thought it was very cute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Not really disgusting, but I LOVE condensed milk sandwiches. Back in the day, we used to put the tin in the freezer to get nice and hard, then toast two slices of granary (gotta be granary) bread, make the sandwich and have a dish of condensed milk on the side as dip!

Crunchy peanut butter sandwiches with runny strawberry jam (no bits, ta!) are pretty cool too!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

I always got a slice of raw pudding or vegetable roll when in the butchers when i was a young fella, good times. My mum and my mates mum both eat dried seaweed.... dafuq

Raw is the only way to eat noodles imho, tho they are awful for ya no matter how ya cook them.

Nutella and cashew butter sandwiches... best combo on bread without a doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Joekers wrote: »
    Vinegar with koka noodles

Jesus no need for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

A tin of condensed milk with a spoon. Mmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

I eat raw spuds. peeled and washed of course. Love the crunch from them. I think my mother used to give them to us when we were kids to keep us quiet when she was making dinner.
    My sister eats them too.
    Its probably a bit weird alright though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Think it's a bit of a northside Dub thing to do.

:rolleyes:

I once saw a southside Dub eat his own faeces, so I guess being a scatman is a bit of a southside Dub thing...

Once when i was having my bowl of special k red berry but pouring the milk I realised I only had a splash left. As the cereal was now wet I thought it would be rude not to pour a carton of cream into the bowl.
    It was the best fcuking thing Ive ever had in my life & now sometimes for a treat I put a bit of cream in my cereal

• Registered Users Posts: 35 gaziah

jessiejam wrote: »
    I eat raw spuds. peeled and washed of course. Love the crunch from them. I think my mother used to give them to us when we were kids to keep us quiet when she was making dinner.
    My sister eats them too.
    Its probably a bit weird alright though.
    hardcore Irishman , love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

gaziah wrote: »
    hardcore Irishman , love it!

Woman..:o

mauzo wrote: »
    I dip biscuits into soup.

Chocolate hob nobs and leek and potato soup is so good.

You both need to say several Hail Marys for those confessions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Splagmata

Fart in my cup of coffee and sniff it in as i drink it.

It adds a certain warmth and a richness to the flavour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Toasted peanut butter and banana sandwich, totally disgusting to look at but delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Splagmata wrote: »
    Fart in my cup of coffee and sniff it in as i drink it.

It adds a certain warmth and a richness to the flavour.

With or without pants?

• Advertisement
Advertisement