Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Co-Op - how early and how??

Options
  • 14-10-2012 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I always like to plan ahead so I'm wondering how early is too early to start looking at co-op placements? My placement is the second semester of my 2nd year...

Also, how does it actually work? Can I find my own? Or do I have to look through their list of employers and try there? Also, I'm doing a course with German and English but one of the places I'm actually thinking of applying for relates more to English than German and I'm worried they'll be pushing me to spend as much time in Germany as possible. I realize that's important but I'd also like to go on co-op in the US if I can (I have citizenship so all of that visa stuff doesn't apply to me).

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Advertisement