Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddocks Pub

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Beechman wrote: »
    new couple have taken over and will be closing part of it over the next few weeks , spending at least €100,000 on a big up-grade, bar will be open during that time

100,000 Must be some upgrade:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

amdublin wrote: »
    I've no idea why you are being so disparaging.

I am not sure, because of the structure of your post, if that was aimed at me.

Without trying to be smart or back seat modding, it is off topic. I am sure there are threads already with opinions on kids in pubs etc.

As i had already posted earlier there would be promotions for the other businesses at the party.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

ronan45 wrote: »

In terms of the size of a pub like that €100k wouldnt get you far, maybe curtains and fabrics and a few new fittings but not much else after a coat of paint. It certainly wouldnt allow for the reshaping of the interior space.

I do hope they spend a few quid of it on that entrance hall though, its the coldest, most tatty miserable looking way into a pub ive ever seen.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I do hope they spend a few quid of it on that entrance hall though, its the coldest, most tatty miserable looking way into a pub ive ever seen.

You left out the term "smoke-filled".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

I'd rather it be in the pub during the day then in one of the parish halls.
    And don't try and tell me they are community centres when the land they are built on is still owned by the church and one of the parish priests is on the committee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Sharrow wrote: »
    I'd rather it be in the pub during the day then in one of the parish halls.
    And don't try and tell me they are community centres when the land they are built on is still owned by the church and one of the parish priests is on the committee.

Its still a community and fulfills the definition of "a community centre"

Not when the only 'community' it caters for is that of the Roman Catholic Parish rather then the actual community in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Sharrow wrote: »
    Not when the only 'community' it caters for is that of the Roman Catholic Parish rather then the actual community in the area.

:confused:

There's no bouncers checking your religion at the door.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Ok folks, I think we're getting wildly off topic at this stage, so could we please get back on-topic. Thanks :)

I hear you Zaph but I want to reply to the comment above and then I will drop it.
    amdublin wrote: »
    :confused:

There's no bouncers checking your religion at the door.

Ever try to book a space in any of the for something which is considered to conflict with the 'ethos' of the center? I have in a few of them and been turned down. They get grants for being community centers but are parish halls on land owned bu the church who say cannon law applies there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

ronan45 wrote: »

Well considering at least that sum seems to be spent on every house being done up on the RTE1 show "Room to Improve", it seems like a relatively small amount for a large pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Junk_Mail

I quite like the paddocks, always have a great night there on the rare occasion i go over, hopefully new owners will keep up with Pius's work !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Junk_Mail wrote: »
    I quite like the paddocks, always have a great night there on the rare occasion i go over, hopefully new owners will keep up with Pius's work !

Isnt that the problem and not the solution

Well personally never had an issue with him or how he ran the place! Speaking from my own experience I've never had a bad experience in the Paddocks.

Not being funny but you would hardly know what the place was like

I say rare occasion, it doesn't mean once in a blue moon! It means rare compared to other places. Anyway, I was just giving my opinion, and that is it.

I say rare occasion, it doesn't mean once in a blue moon! It means rare compared to other places. Anyway, I was just giving my opinion, and that is it.

Rare but not rare, that is going to confuse many a waiter :D

Well then its a good thing I don't eat steak :)

Well then its a good thing I don't eat steak :)

Get outta here.

We dont want your kind in the new and approved steak house Paddocks :pac:

Now that would be an improvement altogether haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Swung by last night
    The new patrons have immediatly either repaired or put new exterior lights all over the facade. Looks Really well. Never saw it looking so well in fact. At one stage there was portable heaters inside heating the place and missing bulbs in lights. Hope they use the dimmer switches inside. The space inside is Huge maybe softer lights and some candles would bring a cosyness to the place. Also would be interesting if they partitonied of one or 2 areas as cosys and possibly restaurant upstairs? I dont think the upstairs is utilised to its full potential. The place certainly has potential

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

i find this thread absolutey absurd thread is going nowhere

You Can't bad mouth a pub that is in the process of being taken over..

Cant wait for it now to shut everyone up

I can taste the bubbles

My sincerest apologies, it is obviously not up to the "standard" of your posts (all 18 of them :cool:)

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jimmy 2

Beechman wrote: »
    new couple have taken over and will be closing part of it over the next few weeks , spending at least €100,000 on a big up-grade, bar will be open during that time

its not a young couple its 3 you men upgrade started at the moment the pup will be open for buisness as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

jimmy 2 wrote: »

its not a young couple its 3 you men upgrade started at the moment the pup will be open for buisness as usual

The Facebook page said it was a couple. Robert & Helen taking over according to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

The Facebook page said it was a couple. Robert & Helen taking over according to that.

Yep I concur, I read reply's from Helen saying thanks for the good wishes on that page.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Beechman

New management , new kitchen and menu as well as a revamp in the past few months, great night on New Years Eve and pub was packed to the rafter's, great to see all the changes

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

All sounds very positive, must give it a try.

I've been in 3 times since it was taken over, and it was in various states of decoration on each visit.

Last one was last Sunday night with family and the place looked great.

But someone please tell me they are gonna do up the jacks because its letting the place down now.

Otherwise. Nice place to have a few local pints!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Beechman

This post has been deleted.

Yea , new kitchen built and they do a lovely carvery

Advertisement