Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddocks Pub

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kkumk

Dub XV wrote: »
    I've been in 3 times since it was taken over, and it was in various states of decoration on each visit.

Last one was last Sunday night with family and the place looked great.

But someone please tell me they are gonna do up the jacks because its letting the place down now.

Otherwise. Nice place to have a few local pints!

They will be doing up the toilets along with the beer garden in the next few months, should be done by Spring hopefully! :)
    Right now the function room is being redecorated and is looking lovely! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 PaddyGannon

Do they do food in the evenings or is it just weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kkumk

Do they do food in the evenings or is it just weekends.

Bar Food is Monday to Friday 12-9pm and Carvery on Sunday from 1-7pm! :)
    Here is the bar food menu, come down and check it out! :D
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=404076766333105&set=a.378533068887475.88492.378528768887905&type=1&theater

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

Just back from the paddocks and i haven't seen it that busy since it first opened, food is a big step up, there is now taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Was down there for lunch today and stayed to watch the United game. Food is very good, same standard as the likes of the Halfway House which is no mean feat. Staff all extremely friendly, place very busy. My only two bugbears - bouncer at the front door chatting to two women smoking inside the entrance porch. FFS let them stand out in the smoking area at the back if they need to smoke, it looks terrible and would put mr off going into a place. The other thing, maybe it was just the day twas in it but if I was in the pub having my lunch with my son-daughter and to watch the match, I don't want to be listening to a load of Middle Aged scumbags in jerseys roaring abuse at each other from opposite ends of the bar. F you, F off, go wash your F'ing jersey, F'ing b&@€;? B@stard, all things I heard in there today. There was people there with their kids looking very uncomfortable, needs to be sorted if they are going to make a proper go of the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

I agree with the smoking at the front entrance, really annoying.

On the roaring, I dont go out to watch matches anymore. If I was taking the family out for a pub lunch I'd make sure it wasn't clashing with football. I'm pretty sure it would have been like that in alot of pubs across Ireland yesterday. Unfortunately its more to do with our barstool football culture than anything. Pubs put up with this because of the money they spend every saturday/sunday shouting at the tv/each other :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

I haven't been in the pub in about 6 months, the last time I was there it was really boring and I said I wouldn't go back however I'm going to give it a try to see what It's like and try the food too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I agree with the smoking at the front entrance, really annoying.

On the roaring, I dont go out to watch matches anymore. If I was taking the family out for a pub lunch I'd make sure it wasn't clashing with football. I'm pretty sure it would have been like that in alot of pubs across Ireland yesterday. Unfortunately its more to do with our barstool football culture than anything. Pubs put up with this because of the money they spend every saturday/sunday shouting at the tv/each other :)

A lot of bar manager's just won't put up with it - the family Sunday lunches are as important as the 5 pints for a match brigade. Yes, lots of pubs would have been thronged for both reasons yesterday but only some would have had the families feeling uncomfortable, regardless of what teams were playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Ok maybe it's my ignorance. I gave up doing match days along time ago as i had never seen a manager standing up to the crowd like that.

They would want to take a stand anyway if they want to promote family sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Ok maybe it's my ignorance. I gave up doing match days along time ago as i had never seen a manager standing up to the crowd like that.

They would want to take a stand anyway if they want to promote family sundays.

Its rare enough admittedly, saw a match being turned off in Cumiskeys on Blackhorse Avenue once, which was very brave in the circumstances

As with any pub its about the boundaries and the tone it sets with its regulars and for special events, e.g. limiting matches to TVs in a small areas to prevent too much congregation and rowing, ensuring the other punters and families can have their pint and pie in peace. The whole 'family' thing can be another problem if it isnt limited but thats another story.

So, if anyone from the new Paddocks is viewing, you probably had a big test with the nature of yesterdays game in fairness, but if you want to attract a big regular a crowd, be concious of the local profile and start setting out your management style early on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I mean, they had a bouncer on the door. It's not like the manager or one of the girls on the floor would have had to do anything. The whole problem was from two lads, they weren't young either - I'd say they were in their mid forties. At the risk of being a bit predjudicial, any bouncer worth his salt would have know that these lads were not going to fly under the radar. And can I just add, I'm not looking down my nose or being a snob, I have drank in a few rough pubs in my time! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Did they had live music on Sunday ev !?

Advertisement