Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free "stylish" serving bowls from Dairygold

Options
  • 14-10-2012 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭

I clicked on an ad down the corner of Boards for free bowls from Dairygold.

http://butteritwithdairygold.ie/collect-it.aspx

Okay! So thank you DG for this free offer - free stuff always welcome :)

But seriously does anyone think these are "stylish"????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Not sure, but I just realised that the vegetables are actually painted onto the bowls so maybe they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I think they are very ugly :o In particular the painted on veg.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

amdublin wrote: »
    I think they are very ugly :o In particular the painted on veg.

I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

They look like cheap tat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

The printed veg are horrendous!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I haven't a clue what forum to move this to. But if someone can start a "Stylish Bowl" forum, please don't ask for it to be under Food & Drink. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

^^^ hee hee I know Hill Billy!

I was going to post it in Bargain Alerts originally but I put it here for discussion rather than the bargain alert

:)

BTW, do people really put dollops of butter on their veg. like this?

I don't think nicely cooked fresh carrots, peas or corn need big dollops of unhealthy butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

YES they do, me included :D
    I don't think nicely cooked fresh carrots, peas or corn need big dollops of unhealthy butter.
    You should try it some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭vic20

Are you thinking of proper butter (with only one "E" in it) or other "stuff" that comes in tubs...?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Alun wrote: »
    YES they do, me included :D

You should try it some time.

Indeed, it's delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I haven't a clue what forum to move this to.
    Consumer issues for misleading advertising!

I hate any patterns on bowls or plates, makes it harder to see if they are properly clean before using. Normally the pattern is on the outer rim of plates where food should not normally be, but these as smack in the middle.

Also I know one or 2 people who would insist on only putting the correct veg in the matching bowls!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,414 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Butter isn't unhealthy. It has more calories than other "spreads" but nutritionally its far far better imo.

Mellor wrote: »
    Butter isn't unhealthy. It has more calories than other "spreads" but nutritionally its far far better imo.

Yeah but my point is that the veg are healthier without the butter and they taste so good without butter why add it to them. Veg don't need any additions imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,414 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Yeah but my point is that the veg are healthier without the butter and they taste so good without butter why add it to them. Veg don't need any additions imo.
    Because most veg in its own, while full of nutrients is lacking in calories. So you need to eat something else to make up the energy. Why not some real butter?

I do get where you are coming from, even healthy food can be too many calories. But it's all about portion size not fat content. I'd just rather have the butter and choose a smaller portion of meat and veg so the cals ate the same.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

There is nothing unhealthy about butter. Can't stand the stuff myself, tastes awful but it is not unhealthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Those bowls would actually win a prize for bad taste - horrific :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

amdublin wrote: »
    But seriously does anyone think these are "stylish"????

I've only clicked on the link & looked at the bowls just now. Stylish they ain't. Any poster who admits to getting them cops a lengthy ban. :D

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

Butter is one of the healthiest fats you can eat! You'd do better to drop the starchy veg like potatoes, and add more butter to your cabbage, broccoli or cauliflower if you're looking to eat in a healthy way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

The bowls are vile, and the thought of 'scooping' dairygold processed stuff onto vegetables makes me nauseous.

Plus, is it just frozen veg you are allowed use in them? What is with the carrot battons. Non machined carrots won't look like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Darkginger wrote: »
    Butter is one of the healthiest fats you can eat! You'd do better to drop the starchy veg like potatoes, and add more butter to your cabbage, broccoli or cauliflower if you're looking to eat in a healthy way.

Dairygold isn't butter though ...

Advertisement