Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I just got a mystery box in my mystery box! :eek:

Then I got a poxy parking lot in my mystery box box. I currently have about 25 characters buying fireworks. Can't wait to see them all come out.

What's the craic with Rex Banner? I have Lincoln acting paranoid at the mo. Do I need to complete his tasks before getting Rex? Am conscious that this is limited - would hate to miss Rex!

Rex is from Apu. Think he's your next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Yeah Rex Banner comes pretty early on actually. I thought they'd make us wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

Can you not complete the 4th of July quests without buying Lincolns cabin for 150 donuts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

TFK wrote: »
    Can you not complete the 4th of July quests without buying Lincolns cabin for 150 donuts?

I'm sure you can. I'm still building the diner, but I can't see them forcing you to buy it, you'll just miss the side quest.

Rex Banners first quest is one of my favourite in quite a while. Looks like this will be a short update anyway.

• Advertisement

TFK wrote: »

I haven't had any crossover to the other characters yet. Lisa etc appear in the text based part but only Lincoln is involved in the actual quests thus far for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I haven't had any crossover to the other characters yet. Lisa etc appear in the text based part but only Lincoln is involved in the actual quests thus far for me.

The diner will be ready in the morning, I think so far I have had Apu do his 24 hour task and sent 15 characters to buy fireworks.

With squidport going on at the same time I am getting confused lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Folks what's the fastest buildings / way to make money? I'm thinking of building loads of kwik-e-marts (like nothing but them for the next week), worth it?

Folks what's the fastest buildings / way to make money? I'm thinking of building loads of kwik-e-marts (like nothing but them for the next week), worth it?

Depends on how often you play. I do white houses on my second game as that means I only have to log in twice a day. Blue houses I think are eight hours so that's three log ins. Pick whatever pays out as often as you're willing to log in.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Farming looks a bit crap though. Defeats the purpose of the game - building a nice little Springfield for all your tiny yellow dudes to live in slave in, making money for you - their lord and creator? What's the rush? The game is actually paced quite well. You'll just end up with a load of cash, and nothing to spend it on. Except for more kwik-e-marts. Or land to put all your kwik-e-marts on.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Building the boardwalk is painfully slow. I have no room and have two buildings to build. The most annoying this is I can afford to build them! I'm building a few extra houses and stores so I can get my conform-o-meter up more.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Building the boardwalk is painfully slow. I have no room and have two buildings to build. The most annoying this is I can afford to build them! I'm building a few extra houses and stores so I can get my conform-o-meter up more.

I want to build mine up too but because some of the Squidport buildings will go towards the consumerism and gluttony ratings I'm waiting and hoping they fill up the Meter. I'm at 4.5 now and that's the highest it's ever been. Consumerism is my lowest rating.

Agreed. The build time is a bit silly, considering how frequently buildings for it are unlocked. I don't mind spending time on it- we've all spent plenty of time on the game already! i just wish it didn't look quite as cluttered... Now that the neighbour tile tap issue is sorted, it'd be nice to get a free tile the odd time they're collected.

It's so tempting to cheat and speed it up a couple of times to give me the few extra tiles I need to start having a decent layout. Everything is squashed together right now and I reckon I can fit maybe one more building on.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

Would there be any point in putting the current boardwalk buildings into storage to create the space you need ? That way, you at least have all buildings unlocked for when your tiles come along and you then don't have a 24 hour waiting time per building.

Would there be any point in putting the current boardwalk buildings into storage to create the space you need ? That way, you at least have all buildings unlocked for when your tiles come along and you then don't have a 24 hour waiting time per building.

You certainly can do that. If they're in storage they're not earning though.

endacl wrote: »

Or contributing to your consumerism rating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

yeah but the lemonade stand and fried donuts dont earn anyway?

hoodwinked wrote: »
    yeah but the lemonade stand and fried donuts dont earn anyway?

Fire away with those. They're not buildings.

Well one of the buildings didn't have to be on the boardwalk (:o) so that has started building.

I have just rainsticks, malaria zone, the itchy and scratchy store and a popcorn stand. I have one more tile to make another column so it'll be tomorrow before I can fit the frying dutchman in even with the popcorn stand in inventory!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭steve_r

Yeah I've just be dumping everything in inventory to allow the builds to start. Not ideal, and costs money ratings but I'd rather not rate for tiles to be built and then for the buildings to be built. Sure I'm already behind the curve as it is!:)

steve_r wrote: »
    Yeah I've just be dumping everything in inventory to allow the builds to start. Not ideal, and costs money ratings but I'd rather not rate for tiles to be built and then for the buildings to be built. Sure I'm already behind the curve as it is!:)
    Its not a curve. Its a treadmill. We're all on it...

Does putting stuff in inventory speed up the board tile time or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

no, it just free's up boardwalk space, so that other 'boardwalk-only' buildings can be built

the wait for the boardwalk tiles is the limiting factor at the mo, unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

I havr just kept building boardwalks even though im gonna concentrate on my land only on level 23. But from reading this thread a least ill have a few when the time comes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I'm leaving the boardwalk for a while to concentrate on my main tasks. Have the Itchy and Scratchy store and the Malaria Zone built and I'll come back in a week or so to build Just Rainsticks. On level 29, have to build Pimento Grove, El Chemistri, Adult Education Annex and The Business Mans Social Club. That could take a few days, $60k in the bank at the mo with all characters on tasks.

Pimento Grove isn't necessary. It's not a quest and no one goes there, so leave it until last or until you have a fair amount of spare cash. You're better off focusing on buildings that are required for progression. It's nice for completeness' sake, but make it your least priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mudlan

Im finding the latest update a bit frustrating with the speed of the boardwalk sections being built. Its a bit slow for only 1 segment at a time....3 days for enough to be built to put a new building.

The only upside is that im finally starting to build up a decent bit of cash but its just tedious at the moment. Its prob no harm tho to finally allow ppl to get their towns in order and laid out. Right now i just have as many buildings crammed on to the boardwalk but i will have to start putting them in the inventory soon enough.

Vojera wrote: »
    Pimento Grove isn't necessary. It's not a quest and no one goes there, so leave it until last or until you have a fair amount of spare cash. You're better off focusing on buildings that are required for progression. It's nice for completeness' sake, but make it your least priority.

That's what I've done. Haven't built Zesty's or Pimento Grove just yet but will eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

True, but those buildings shouldn't really be your main money makers regardless IMO.

Advertisement