Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

The 'Cool Homer' skin was part of an episode tie-in back around November. It also included the 'Cool Brown House' and was a free, limited time item.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭ruthiepie

DubDJ wrote: »
    The 'Cool Homer' skin was part of an episode tie-in back around November. It also included the 'Cool Brown House' and was a free, limited time item.

Ah cheers for that. Wasn't playing it back then so obviously they only did it for a limited time.

Phew relief over, haven't missed any task it seems :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

ruthiepie wrote: »
    Ah cheers for that. Wasn't playing it back then so obviously they only did it for a limited time.

Phew relief over, haven't missed any task it seems :D

yeah it came back yesterday when i logged in again, strange glitches keep happening lately...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yeah, one or two of my buildings can swap places and look broken. I also had a floating chef head too...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Almost two weeks to the minute later, and I'm over $7 million. :o

Still the only thing I have to spend money on is boardwalk tiles. Guess I could buy the magnifying glass etc but I dont see where I could fit them in without them looking crap.

yea I think the 3 super expensive items all look crap and don't fit in with the town at all. Even if I had the money I doubt I'd bother with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

djkeogh wrote: »
    yea I think the 3 super expensive items all look crap and don't fit in with the town at all. Even if I had the money I doubt I'd bother with them

yes, they look pointless. but ill buy them and put them in the inventory. cos im that balla.

I don't know I think the 3 of them look cool and could be made to look good depending how you place it in your town. 5,000,000 for all three is pricey though.

I'm saving right now. Need just over 1 million to buy up one more row of land before I own all the land. Only took 8 months of constantly playing every day. :D Then I'll focus on reaching 5 million as well as whatever updates they throw in. Money is flying up for me since I reached level 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭steve_r

yes, they look pointless. but ill buy them and put them in the inventory. cos im that balla.

Don't say that! I've saved 800k and I want, I want, I want :p

Think I'm reaching the end of the squidport quest so the aspirational items are the only real targets for me left......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭corkie

The last non premium building `Crypto Barn` built on squidport! Building my 28th tile, 3 more and 1 task to do and current squidport quests will be completed! Just need more tiles to design it better!

992793_10151560700596298_882302313_n.jpg

I have to wait until tomorrow to do the last task "Make Martin/Milhouse got to the Crypto Barn (4 hours)" because Millhouse is tied up with bart on random task (Sleepover)!

I will be doing "Abe splits rails (8 hours) ( Burns triggers) ( Honest Abe Pt. 10)
    " over night!

So if the level 31 update lands tomorrow, it's coming at the right time for me!

There is a new TSTO site, a facebook type site (found out about it on TSTOtips), handy if you want to communicate with your friends! Any of my current friends in the game if you want to join and have me as a friend on the site, please click here!

Regards,
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I thought we were neck and neck Corkie. Turns out I'm an hour behind you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭corkie

endacl wrote: »
    I thought we were neck and neck Corkie. Turns out I'm an hour behind you.

I visited your town to see your progress, you have a similar layout to it as mine. Where did you get, I think is a "gorilla and dogs" decoration?

corkie wrote: »
    I visited your town to see your progress, you have a similar layout to it as mine. Where did you get, I think is a "gorilla and dogs" decoration?
    Momentary donut spending madness. They were in the yard sale. One of those impulse buys you come to regret. Spent donuts, so its staying out of inventory, but there's nowhere it doesn't look a bit ... crap.

Started sending all my characters on their 24 hour tasks. Got kicked off the server and haven't been able to connect since. Anybody else?

DubDJ wrote: »
    Started sending all my characters on their 24 hour tasks. Got kicked off the server and haven't been able to connect since. Anybody else?
    Nah. I did my 24hr sending a while ago...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,627 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Game is down again. It's becoming more and more frequent

faceman wrote: »
    Game is down again. It's becoming more and more frequent
    Just tried it there. No issues.

On a 4s. What are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,981 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Haven't been able to access this since last night (Galaxy Note 2 fwiw).

I think everyone should be on tasks until ~11ish, so as long as it's back up then it's cool...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The server issues have been more frequent for me too. Used to be able to connect first time any time, but now it's hit and hope a lot of the time.

I was online at the time last night around 11.30pm and the game went down. Over 12 hours later and I'm still not able to access it. On iOS, both iPad and iPhone can't access it. Tried on Wifi and 3G so definitely a problem on EA's behalf.

Missing out on virtual money here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

Ah DubDJ i see your problem. You are using apple products. (itunes the route of all evil)....
    Switch over to android and all will be fine :)

Collection my money no problem in my S3

• Advertisement

Ah DubDJ i see your problem. You are using apple products. (itunes the route of all evil)....
    Switch over to android and all will be fine :)

Collection my money no problem in my S3

I notice Tapped Out actually has more problems working with Android, especially around the time an update is pushed. Constant reports of updates not working through the Play Store. Whereas they're always perfect & immediately available through iTunes. Not sure I agree with you in that point haha

This is the longest I've been locked out of Tapped Out since I started playing. I was just finishing up the last Squidport tasks too after building the final building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I hope they continue to update Squidport with each new level. It would be a pity if that was it and all we could do was keep buying tiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,981 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Still can't login, and I'm on android :(

Vojera wrote: »
    I hope they continue to update Squidport with each new level. It would be a pity if that was it and all we could do was keep buying tiles.

Yeah but as long as they give us time to build up a few tiles first. My Squidport is like a game of Tetris at the moment.

I got back in there just as a Squidport tile was ready to be collected. So not all bad. Sorted my town out and left as quick as I could in case in went down again.

Try it yourselves it might be back for everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Worked for me today, but wasnt working last night so I have had a tile waiting for me for ages. I dont have anything else to build so I dont mind missing a few hours every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

How many tiles have people got. I have 28 and on my 29(1d10h remaining)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭ruthiepie

How many tiles have people got. I have 28 and on my 29(1d10h remaining)

I have 22 and on my 23 (13h05m remaining)

Ah it's so slow to build them. A couple of days ago too, I started building one but came back a couple of hours later to discover that nothing had saved and I had to start the build again. Was not impressed that day!! :mad:

I've started building my 30th tile an hour ago. The final Squidport task is 31 tiles so ill he finished the lot on Sunday. And I've everything bought up other than a bit more land and the three 5 million dollar buildings. So plenty of reorganising will probably be done to keep me busy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I'm building my 29th tile (just started this morning). I can't wait to be able to space the buildings out a bit.

Advertisement