Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Irish94 wrote: »
    Just spent 15 donuts on a Homer Buddha and got the Squeaky Voice Teen, I think he is worth 30 donuts. I've never purchased donuts so was just wondering is that a good premium item to get using the Homer Buddha?

Yea that is a good item to get, very very very lucky you didn't end up with a premium shrub or dumpster. I'd never suggest buying homer buddhas, better off saving donuts for something you really want.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭corkie

Just spent 15 donuts on a Homer Buddha and got the Squeaky Voice Teen, I think he is worth 30 donuts. I've never purchased donuts so was just wondering is that a good premium item to get using the Homer Buddha?

There is only a 4% chance of getting the SVT

Here is a breakdown of all the odds

Linked to simpsonswiki

There is a new thread for active players, click here and add your name to the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

DubDJ wrote: »
    You can turn on a safety feature to confirm donut spending. So if you accidentally hit the spend donuts it asks are you sure you want to spend the donuts.

I'm playing on iPad...where do I find this miraculous feature?

daisy123 wrote: »
    I'm playing on iPad...where do I find this miraculous feature?

Hit the build option then on the top right of the build menu you'll see an 'i' symbol, touch that and the option is in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Has anyone bought the doghnuts through that Gamezino that is being recomended on tstotips?? The deals seems too good to be true

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

there is no nice way of saying this but no,

i got him out of a daily mystery box, as did my second account and my husbands account, so he seems a tad easy to get if you play long enough (and daily to get the day 5 mystery box)

speaking of said mystery boxes, i now have 11 benches with blue jackets, give me back my parking lots at least they are useful! :(

PinkFly wrote: »
    Has anyone bought the doghnuts through that Gamezino that is being recomended on tstotips?? The deals seems too good to be true

Re read the thread from here

TSTOtips is no longer a trusted site since it's new owner took over the site.

There is ways to get them donuts for free with out supporting this Hacker.

See http://www.reddit.com/r/tappedout/

There is a new site from the contributors to TSTOtips: -
    http://tstotopix.wordpress.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

PinkFly wrote: »

Dont.

They are very likely hacking and taking money for it. People on Reddit offer to do it for free every now and then. People here could probably do it if you asked nicely. I have the hack but dont want to make the offer in case loads of people want it done :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm not being rude by not accepting friend requests from people, I just don't have the room for friends so it's not letting me. I still haven't figured out how to delete inactive friends on a mac yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

I've only just started playing this, I used to see this thread on the homepage all the time and wondered why it was so popular... I get it now :o I see many many hours of my future being wasted... :pac:

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'm not being rude by not accepting friend requests from people, I just don't have the room for friends so it's not letting me. I still haven't figured out how to delete inactive friends on a mac yet...

Download the origin app for the MAC from here! << Actual download link from origin site.
    Jerrica wrote: »
    I've only just started playing this, I used to see this thread on the homepage all the time and wondered why it was so popular... I get it now :o I see many many hours of my future being wasted... :pac:

If your looking for friends see the active players list on the other thread

Thanks corkie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Bless you corkie...some one on reddit done it for me.. my life is being consumed by this game!!

Just hit another jackpot ...

Screenshot_2013-08-10-19-52-18.png

All i need now is the Downs to come home on the Long odds!

I'm only starting out but I'm at PeteIRL1981 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

corkie wrote: »
    Just hit another jackpot ...

Screenshot_2013-08-10-19-52-18.png

All i need now is the Downs to come home on the Long odds!

I've had seven double yolk eggs out of ten this week. I know its real life and not 'in game', but there definitely does seem to be some serious odds-beating going on at the moment. Time to buy a lottery ticket?

:D

Download the origin app for the MAC from here! << Actual download link from origin site.

I already had the app but I wasn't looking at the right place. Found my friends now so will be going through it! Thanks!

Does anyone think the price of Calmwood Mental Hospital will come down in the next update? Have enough money for it but I don't know where I'm putting it yet so if I can wait and save the difference then I will buy some extra land.

Does anyone think the price of Calmwood Mental Hospital will come down in the next update? Have enough money for it but I don't know where I'm putting it yet so if I can wait and save the difference then I will buy some extra land.

Yep higher level buildings always come down in price when a new level comes out. The price works off a multiplier, there's the base cost + an extra percentage depending on the current max level.

The mental hospital is the latest building requiring level 32, it's price is 1.8 times the base cost right now. When the next level is released it'll drop to 1.7 or 1.6 times (I can't remember which) and with each new level release it'll drop another 0.1 until it reaches 1.0 ie the base cost. It's a money sink for higher level players really, if they want the newest buildings first then they have to stump up the cash.

Dont think I've used it for any quests at all so leave it for a while or until you have enough extra cash.

• Advertisement

EA has made a decision to take steps to recover a portion of their lost income due to sites like GameZino, Tapped Out Cheats and others. By the end of the year EA will be suspending accounts that show any connection on their servers to these sites. Any account that reflects participation in these sites and not the in-game store will be scrutinized and terminated.

Quote taken from TSTOtopiX.wordpress.com

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

I am still active too jennyojenj822. Think I have space for about 20 more friends if people are starting out and need some neighbours.

I am finding building up tickets a tad frustrating at the moment, hoping it will be easier as I build more rides. Very rarely any tickets other than entrance of friends towns, hoping that changes too as everyone progresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

I need a town planner...... As I have progressed, the extra buildings have just been sitting on bits of land and I can't seem to find the patience to rearrange everything lol

I bought some extra land this morning and have some cash for decorations... But I just need some sort of idea in my head of how I now want it to look.

So how do you guys cope with your growing town?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

TFK wrote: »
    I need a town planner...... As I have progressed, the extra buildings have just been sitting on bits of land and I can't seem to find the patience to rearrange everything lol

I bought some extra land this morning and have some cash for decorations... But I just need some sort of idea in my head of how I now want it to look.

One strip at a time. Add roads, and then fit in buildings etc. makes it look vaguely 'planned' and kind of organicish at the same time.

I am still active too jennyojenj822. Think I have space for about 20 more friends if people are starting out and need some neighbours.

I am finding building up tickets a tad frustrating at the moment, hoping it will be easier as I build more rides. Very rarely any tickets other than entrance of friends towns, hoping that changes too as everyone progresses.

Once you have a few attractions and krustyland vistors in your krustyland, collecting tickets comes easier. You get first visitors when you get 1 star on your Krust-O-Meter, note Krust-O-Meter gets explained in the game and you won't get visitors till you reach that point.

For more tips on collecting tickets see here

Note: Lost the ability to edit the active players list, I will post a new list when I have about 10 names to add to it.

Regards,
    John

P.S. New site TSTOTopix.com from the contributors to TSTOtips which is no longer a trusted site.

Edit 23:42 on 12/8/13 : I am currently at stage 29. Build Krusty's Haunted Condo (24 hours) where is everyone else?

j8FCWjG.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 39,563 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Quote taken from TSTOtopiX.wordpress.com

Would love if they suspended all accounts they found had hacked the game, would be pretty straightforward to do as well I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I was the same as you a few weeks back. I was waiting until I bought all the land until I started designing again. By time I got enough cash to buy all the land I had no push to start adding to the new buildings. I eventually started and was doing bits by day. I eventually got to a point that I finished it.

Still saving now to add the 3 aspirational items before I add detail. Start off with one building. Then another and another. It works well to motivate you. For me all buildings have a place now and I'm happy enough.

For the design, move everything off to one side and start at the top corner. Have an idea of what building you want together and do it bit by bit. I did my houses, then shops, then extras like the stadium and power plant, then the rich people, then finally the likes of Kamp Krusty.
    KevIRL wrote: »
    Would love if they suspended all accounts they found had hacked the game, would be pretty straightforward to do as well I'd imagine

Do that and they lose a fcuk-tonne of players which dreastically brings down how much they can claim are playing. Less players means less potential revenue.

New posting on TSTOtips are not from the authors who the site say's has made the posting!
    Just want to get his word out as fast as possible and please help me spread the word. There have been a number of new posts today on tstotips.com from our team of authors. Our people did NOT make those postings and this guy is now entering the illegal realm of impersonation and fraudulent posting

Quote from TSTOtopix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,563 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Do that and they lose a fcuk-tonne of players which dreastically brings down how much they can claim are playing. Less players means less potential revenue.

Why on earth would they care revenue wise if they stopped the accounts of a bunch of players who just steal any revenue generating items from them?

The game doest rely on adverts, so numbers playing doesnt matter. It does rely on players making some purchases of donuts to buy premium items, therefore shutting down the accounts of the ones who hack the game to get these premium items makes perfect sense imo.

Advertisement