Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

Thanks for the tips guys.

The whole tsto thing is getting weird, I feel sorry for the authors effectively having their names hijacked and having to defend themselves, elsewhere. I am glad I had been following it between here and reddit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Paulj75

Tstot.com websites has been compromised. It has been sold by MrT the founder to Allen Cox aka Gamezino. The sale of website was a hostile take over. Now with gamezino in control Cox is placing a biased posts on Tstot.com saying the Tstot.com gives its full backing to gamezino as a legit site and you won't get your account blocked by EA for using it. This is not the case. Gamezino is using a cracked version of software and not iTunes cards to purchase doughnuts on your behalf. This goes against EA code of ethics and there is rumours by Christmas that they will be freezing accounts. The Co-writers from Tstot.com have had there writes revoked on the website so they cannot warn people. Good news is they have set up a new site http://tstotopix.wordpress.com/. Unfortunately Tstot.com is still creating entries using the Co-writers names. For the full history visit http://tstotopix.wordpress.com/. I was lucky I fell for the scam but before delivery of doughnuts I changed my password. Also opened a case with Paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭corkie

Paulj75 wrote: »
    Tstot.com websites has been compromised. ....

Welcome to the forum, multiple posting's about it here already. You could get the name of the site correct? It was tstotips.com!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

KevIRL wrote: »
    Why on earth would they care revenue wise if they stopped the accounts of a bunch of players who just steal any revenue generating items from them?

I think what the whole gamezino thing proves is that people who have paid gamezino money for donoghnuts, were willing to pay for what they believed to be legit doughnuts, but were not willing to spend as much as EA are looking for.

If I were EA I'd find out who had used it and drain the doughnuts and money from their accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

KevIRL wrote: »
    Why on earth would they care revenue wise if they stopped the accounts of a bunch of players who just steal any revenue generating items from them?

The game doest rely on adverts, so numbers playing doesnt matter. It does rely on players making some purchases of donuts to buy premium items, therefore shutting down the accounts of the ones who hack the game to get these premium items makes perfect sense imo.

Note how I said POTENTIAL revenue.

As it is, people might spend money on donuts, but by banning everyone it eliminates all chance of those people buying anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Note how I said POTENTIAL revenue.

As it is, people might spend money on donuts, but by banning everyone it eliminates all chance of those people buying anything.

they will be able to start again though? :confused:

its the easier option imo rather than taking back premium items and donuts off those who used hacks.

hoodwinked wrote: »
    they will be able to start again though? :confused:

its the easier option imo rather than taking back premium items and donuts off those who used hacks.

You really think someone will pay for stuff if EA go "fcuk you, you're starting again!"?

The sheer amount of people who have chosen to hack should tell EA that they are overcharging for donuts. Netflix proves people are willing to pay for something if it is at a reasonable price.

You really think someone will pay for stuff if EA go "fcuk you, you're starting again!"?

The sheer amount of people who have chosen to hack should tell EA that they are overcharging for donuts. Netflix proves people are willing to pay for something if it is at a reasonable price.

well realisticly its as simple as, those of us who enjoyed and played the game fairly are not effected in the slightest by this and thus have nothing to worry about,

if you cheated, you cheated take your punishment and maybe a lesson will be learned.

hoodwinked wrote: »
    well realisticly its as simple as, those of us who enjoyed and played the game fairly are not effected in the slightest by this and thus have nothing to worry about,

if you cheated, you cheated take your punishment and maybe a lesson will be learned.

My arguement is, and always had been, about the price of donuts and how little value for money they are. Nothing should cost more than 100 donuts yet I suspect the majority of the worthwhile stuff costs well more than that. The Sleep Eazy Motel is one of the most expensive items in the game and is also one of the least useful. Miss Springfield uses it for I think only two tasks, Quimby for one. Outside of that, it's useless but still costs a small fortune.

If you want a complete game, it will cost several HUNDRED euro. Again, Netflix shows if you offer a service at a reasonable price, people will pay for it. EA have zero interest in offering stuff at a reasonable price. They could eliminate the majority of the issues by simply reducing the price but they are making a killing so will never do it.

The fact that quite a lot of people have simply lost their town without warning is another strike against paying their asking price.

I dont condone people who speed up tasks etc. I'm simply talking about those who get the way overpriced premium characters without spending a fortune on a "free" game.

Lower prices = a lot less people hacking. It is that simple.

My arguement is, and always had been, about the price of donuts and how little value for money they are. Nothing should cost more than 100 donuts yet I suspect the majority of the worthwhile stuff costs well more than that. The Sleep Eazy Motel is one of the most expensive items in the game and is also one of the least useful. Miss Springfield uses it for I think only two tasks, Quimby for one. Outside of that, it's useless but still costs a small fortune.

If you want a complete game, it will cost several HUNDRED euro. Again, Netflix shows if you offer a service at a reasonable price, people will pay for it. EA have zero interest in offering stuff at a reasonable price. They could eliminate the majority of the issues by simply reducing the price but they are making a killing so will never do it.

The fact that quite a lot of people have simply lost their town without warning is another strike against paying their asking price.

I dont condone people who speed up tasks etc. I'm simply talking about those who get the way overpriced premium characters without spending a fortune on a "free" game.

Lower prices = a lot less people hacking. It is that simple.

or you just do what the rest of us who couldn't afford the game do, go without.

i still play my game minus the sleep easy motel, (which to be fair to EA you had a chance to earn without spending donuts) and its just as much fun.

you can play the game for free, without spending a cent, hacking is a cheat to get "extra" items hence they have no importance yet are expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,563 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

The prices definitely should be lower imo, the premium items are over priced for sure.

However you do not have to get them. The game continues and progresses if you choose not to buy any you wont get stuck at any stage of the game. Also the game doesnt force you to link to facebook or any of that crap to progress as many other freemium games do. EA do give some free donuts as well throughout the game.

They are well within their rights to block the accounts of anyone they deem to have stolen premium content.

I would wager also its a tiny % of the overall player pool, and seeing as these people are just stealing anyway, I doubt the company will worry much about any potential loses from them

start blocking accounts = even less hacking, its that simple

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

biggest argument for (imo) is that it devalues the premium stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

Woo hoo I got 2 free donuts while cleaning up Springfield today :-)

I have 42 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

TFK wrote: »
    Woo hoo I got 2 free donuts while cleaning up Springfield today :-)

I have 42 now.

Enough for life, the universe, and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

but whats the question?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

Anyone else notice how tough it is to get tickets from anyone elses krustyland :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

sometimes they just seem to dissappear as you click on them. I can only get 3 sets from about 50% of my people. (half my people arent even using it anyway though)

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

Most friends i go to i get nothing so i have stopped going

Tickets re-spawn every 2 hours for the entrance other buildings vary
    every 4 hours for Death Drop and Food Needle, full list here

Sometimes you have to be quick to catch the tickets over the entrance.

If there is no ticket in a friends town, I leave and come back again later. Either the owner of the town or someone else has collected them.

No handshake in KL to let you know friends have been, so no benefit to your friend when you tap in KL, until they fix it.

9ErHasb.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I have a friend on this that crashes to my tablet every time I click on their springfield. Think it is Johnnycivic?

Anyone else have this happen?

• Advertisement

I have a friend on this that crashes to my tablet every time I click on their springfield. Think it is Johnnycivic?

He may have too many items in his Springfrield, It happened to me before so I just removed him/her from my friends list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

corkie wrote: »
    He may have too many items in his Springfrield, It happened to me before so I just removed him/her from my friends list.

I play on my Nexus 7 and can't see where to remove him. Any help would be appreciated :)

I play on my Nexus 7 and can't see where to remove him. Any help would be appreciated :)

I have a Nexus 7 as well, you can not remove friends on android but if you download the Origin App for PC/MAC you can use that to remove friends.

Regards
    John

New site TSTOtopiX.com from the contributors to TSTOtips which is no longer a trusted site.

Coming in level 33: - Lou:- see http://tstonews.com/level-33-spoilers/
    Lou.png

Tickets in your friends KL.

Although there was no update today, i finally came across a handshake in my Krustyland earlier. They may have fixed it on the server so that we see when people have visited.

In the above link post, there is still wondering if it there is any benefit to your friend from your taps in KL.

If there is here is a list of attractions and what they payout.

Level 33: Eddie : http://tstonews.com/level-33-spoilers/
    Eddie_%28Official_Image%29.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Just built wet and smokey show..finding it very hard to collect tickets...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

I had this happen to me I removed them through the origin download

Just started the build of the Scratchy's Flea Dipper, Cost: 12000 Tickets. Build time 1d12h
    Just had enough tickets after collecting from my over night tasks (400 approx left).

Flea_dipper.gif

geez, I though the drag to get the 7.5 for wet and smokey was bad :/

Wossack wrote: »
    geez, I though the drag to get the 7.5 for wet and smokey was bad :/

The final build the "The Tooth Chipper" cost's 32000 tickets and is a five day build.

250px-Toothchipper.jpg

• Advertisement

good lord :o

Advertisement