Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,564 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Sarn wrote: »
    Update is available now on iOS.

Yep, I've updated from app store, new splash screen now

Gypsy Teller shop first up, only costs $2K but 24 hr build

sigh, stupid mist on screen is annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 7,471 ✭✭✭corkie

Android also available now! Just downloading!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

KevIRL wrote: »
    sigh, stupid mist on screen is annoying

this.

i was in here to see if it was just me it was driving mad, harder now to find characters who aren't doing anything than ever before,

i really wish they'd add a button to find the next free character! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Sarn

Yep, the mist is annoying. I do like how all of the trees have lost their leaves (except for the lemon tree).

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I do hide the decorations and houses to find my characters. Haven't updated yet though to see the mist...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I do hide the decorations and houses to find my characters. Haven't updated yet though to see the mist...

that doesn't work with the mist :(

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

Is anyone having trouble downloading the update? Mine kinda just stuck at 10%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Tried installing twice getting "package file invalid"
    Ideas?

sundodger5 wrote: »
    Tried installing twice getting "package file invalid"
    Ideas?

Are you on android? If so clear your app data from the playstore app and force stop it. That's what I did!

hoodwinked wrote: »
    that doesn't work with the mist :(

Boo!

No update yet for the kindle...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sundodger5

corkie wrote: »
    Are you on android? If so clear your app data from the playstore app and force stop it. That's what I did!

Thanks that did the trick.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Looks like the issue I had with the game and UPC has been fixed with the new version! No more spinning donut! Yay!

EDIT: God that fog is awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ok just went and cleared out pretty much my whole friends list seeing as most dont play.

So anyone who wants to add me im level 35 finished KL and SP and i play each and every day so will help out anyone i can when i can.

So add me to any lists or whatever ha.

barney085 is my id.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,564 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Screenshots

fPtvcNs.jpg
    u9u8YgD.jpg
    m0ALKPE.jpg
    w5KKVhr.jpg
    TNCDRTj.jpg
    32EJBfT.jpg
    VwZoHs1.jpg
    VwZoHs1.jpg
    O55N5MS.jpg

Got the first prize the pumpkin house and spent approx 300 donuts on items!

Yes I speed up the first task with 12 donuts.

I also spent donuts on the sacred burial ground which is the second prize.

Screenshot_2013-10-01-19-31-02.png

I going to be visiting my friends on the active players list and leaving gremlins if I can. Only a few of my friends have goo under there name, so i guess people have not spent donuts on the first task.

Busy playing at the moment! And I don't know if I will get around to updating the list as often!

Regards,
    John.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Very similar to Whacking Day it seems. Can't wait to start the task properly.

Few things I noticed. Kang has two new tasks. One is 'Exchange long protein strings' which makes me think Kodos is going to be available with this update.

Krustyland has a new 16 hour ride available although still not showing for me.

New land available, one row down the bottom of the screen. I've a fair bit of cash saved so might invest after I see how the update will go cash wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

I guess it doesn't really kick off until you build the building? I sent everyone on 24h tasks once I started the build. I can't afford to waste donuts speeding things up, they are too hard to earn!

TFK wrote: »
    I guess it doesn't really kick off until you build the building? I sent everyone on 24h tasks once I started the build. I can't afford to waste donuts speeding things up, they are too hard to earn!

Don't bother rushing the build! You still will be held up with your friends who haven't rushed it! Out of my 100 friends, I have only four that have ghost in there town to tap.

On the friends visit, it's not like whacking day, where you could leave as many eggs as you wanted. You get to Haunt a number of buildings and you can leave gremlins (I think your limited on the number you can leave in any one town)!

I don't think there is a need to buddy up or have a list like whacking day.
    With the in game feature of who visited your town, you can just return visit to whoever visit's you. The goo counter under people names on the friends list, will show up who's not active in your list by the weekend!

TSTOHalloween2013.jpg

List also available as a PDF on dropbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

niallers01 lvl35 if anyone want to add me! :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I hate the way you effectively have to cheat (or spend bundles) to get a lot of decorations and buildings. I resolved not to cheat as it would be utterly pointless then having unlimited donuts, but it's a pain not having many donuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 drpm_99

My username is mitched7. Am on level 35

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

5starpool wrote: »
    I hate the way you effectively have to cheat (or spend bundles) to get a lot of decorations and buildings. I resolved not to cheat as it would be utterly pointless then having unlimited donuts, but it's a pain not having many donuts.

What cheats? :-O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

A lot of the additional items appear to be premium? Guess that's kind of expected at this stage.

I can only login once a day really so these social events don't suit an unsocial tapper like myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I love your pumpkin design, Corkie!

I take it we shouldn't tap gremlins in our towns because they help our friends? Am I interpreting that right?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Add me guys, very active in the Halloween quests, lockie83406 is my origin username.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

just started last week.

I'm zynster74

Vojera wrote: »
    I love your pumpkin design, Corkie!

I take it we shouldn't tap gremlins in our towns because they help our friends? Am I interpreting that right?

The pumpkin idea was stolen from here, so can not take the credit for it.

I think the longer the gremlins are left running around is better for your friends, because they have up to 4 hours to collect goo. I don't know what happens to them then. Hitting them as soon as possible just benefits yourself.

Does everything kick in to effect when you have the Fortune Teller Shop built?

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Does everything kick in to effect when you have the Fortune Teller Shop built?

Yes, the game gradually introduces you to the different aspects of the event!

You can only haunt house or leaving gremlins in towns, that have activated the Halloween event by having the Fortune Teller Shop built!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

So you're telling me I've to look at that mist for a month?

Advertisement