Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,472 ✭✭✭corkie

Tips for earning goo!
    To people asking how come some people have a high goo count.
    1. I rushed the first build task.
    2. I bought one all the ghost generators (cemeteries etc)
    3. I have now approx 70 friends that are now Halloween Activated (out my hundred) and visit them all.
    4. On a few times per day as well to collect the ghosts.
    5. Used the ghost trick in friends towns and can tap six ghosts instead of five.
    6. Haunted a building that's already haunted and get 2 goo instead of the 1 goo.

On number 6 there is disagreement with people on whether this unhaunts the building or not.

If your visiting my town and you haunt a building that's already haunted. Please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,891 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I still can't get the bloody hoover to work!

Hold your finger down so the hoover starts spinning and then drag it around the screen!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Seems like they really learned from Wacking Day. I think I'm way ahead of schedule and their are a lot of people even further ahead. You dont have to spend half the day on it to get the prizes. I've been doing it twice a day and am on 2400. Apparently I need to be on 1430 by the end of the day and have yet to do my friends visit's.
    corkie wrote: »
    Used the ghost trick in friends towns and can tap six ghosts instead of five.

I got 8 earlier :D

Can get 7 often enough too, but get at least 6 easily 90% of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Used the ghost trick in friends towns and can tap six ghosts instead of five.

If you're really quick you can get seven! I've managed it a good few times.

What works best for me is making sure I've my three buildings haunted and the first four ghosts tapped and make sure everything is collected and you've gotten the xp bonus for helping your friends. Otherwise the bonus xp message and goo and money getting auto-collected can interfere with your tapping. Then just look for three ghosts close together (the hardest part) and tap them firmly but quickly. Tah-dah, two extra goos! If you tap too lightly it tends not to register, although that might be my phone.

I'm determined to get eight ghosts at some stage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,891 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yeah I've managed 7 on the odd occasion myself. I'm happy with 6 though!

• Advertisement

GOO.png

Gotten from TSTOforum -

Edit: I got snorky! It's been a slow day for people haunting or sending gremlins.
    Now Homer is a very busy character. I have on task with the ultrahouse but is needed for quest with snorky and Make Homer Praise Frank Grimes!

27005-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kristanna420

again thanks for the adds guys

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Tips for earning goo!
    To people asking how come some people have a high goo count.
    1. I rushed the first build task.
    2. I bought one all the ghost generators (cemeteries etc)
    3. I have now approx 70 friends that are now Halloween Activated (out my hundred) and visit them all.
    4. On a few times per day as well to collect the ghosts.
    5. Used the ghost trick in friends towns and can tap six ghosts instead of five.
    6. Haunted a building that's already haunted and get 2 goo instead of the 1 goo.

On number 6 there is disagreement with people on whether this unhaunts the building or not.

If your visiting my town and you haunt a building that's already haunted. Please let me know.

I've had both happen at different times.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

I've culled a few players, so if anyone wants to add me it's collectingcats. Sorry for those who've been stuck in limbo for the past while!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

I play under the name orourkel and am slowly getting rid of inactive friends from the whacking day task. Feel free to add.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Username is jaycecampese on everyday I try to give gremlins back to anyone that drops em my way

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

Do we know the answer?
    A3024332143F419BBD945711B65EF846-0000314402-0003386120-00240L-00000000000000000000000000000000.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Irishgirl12345

Jayjayeire have a few slots free :) loving the haloween update!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

eliza64 wrote: »
    Do we know the answer?
    A3024332143F419BBD945711B65EF846-0000314402-0003386120-00240L-00000000000000000000000000000000.jpg
    Emerald ring ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Vojera wrote: »
    Emerald ring ;)

Cheers got 10 doughnut for that , bought myself the popcorn stand

• Registered Users Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

This is definitely my favourite of all the seasonal events. Lots of good prizes, including ones like Kang which I thought I couldnt get again, which are easy to get, not like whacking day which was a huge commitment to the game. But most importantly lots of free donuts, I've gotten 3 individual donuts so far from popping ghosts, 10 from the Simpsons attic and another 5 to come from the Lisa easter egg. Then after all the prizes there is the bonus every 2,000 goo which should mean I'll get 3 donuts every 2 days or so.

What's the ten doughnuts from the simpsons attic? Is it after some quest? I remember finishing some quest and they told me return to the Simpson house but I clicked on it and nothing happened. Did I miss out ? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

In the process of clearing out inactive players now so would welcome some new ones :-)

Origin id DeiseMum

Edit. My daughter wants some too please, her id is AlannaHen

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I have 3 tasks waiting for Homer.
    24 hours - Make Homer Share a Romantic Evening with the Ultrahouse 2
    24 hours - Make Homer Use Gremlins to Clean Drains
    12 hours - Strongman Homer Impress Rubes with his Strength

Which one is the most important? Am I delaying any storylines or future tasks if I pick one over the other?

Oh I tried again and it was that emerald ring question great :) so what's the Lisa Easter egg haha ?? :) love the free doughnuts I've 113 now and trying to decide what to buy :)

• Advertisement

I currently have homer having a romantic night in the ultra house.. The attempt to eat the pumpkin house has been left siting in the task bar for the last few days I'm putting that off and not sure what comes after that.. And just got the new skin for him so a new task will pop up once his ultra house task is done too. He is way too busy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

Homer is indeed very busy with this update. I have him currently bigging up Grimes.

I have let the rest of my story lines stop for now, struggling to get 32k tickets for the tooth chipper, also the dmv stuff.
    I am just concentrating on goo and following the Halloween tasks.

I have 70 donuts which is the most I have ever had!

I know I never had this many doughnuts I've been Saving up to buy the community centre but I think witch marge will be got later as I regret not taking her last year! I'm just after starting to build the dmv too I left it go awhile as I hoped price might drop after update but it didn't so there be loads more homer tasks waiting in the sidelines once that finishes haha :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

cee_jay wrote: »
    ?

this one i think leads to the easter egg of donuts so do this questline first imo

• Registered Users Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Homer has more tasks now with the dolphin. Busy guy alright

Homer is definitely busy in this!

Which one is the most important? Am I delaying any storylines or future tasks if I pick one over the other?

I say do the Romantic Evening it leads to having kodos!

27010-1.jpg

I am leaving him fly around for a while until I buy the ray gun to shoot him down.

I have currently doing the tuna task for Snorky! I still have to do "Make Homer Praise Frank Grimes" and now will soon get another task with his new skin.

27007-1.jpg

Also got the Twirl N Hurl!

27008-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

My goo gathering seems very slow today. I thought I would have hit 4000 by now, based on the past few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Nesie

I did a cull of inactive players....feel free to add me "dpeppard"

• Registered Users Posts: 1 vickycon

Hey so I've been playing for a while now-I'm level 32 and mildly addicted-but have no friends/neighbours so if anyone could add me it'd be great. My username is vickycon and I'm very very keen get all the GOO related stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Quest list is here:
    http://tstoforum.com/thread/5302/halloween-2013-check-op?page=1&scrollTo=158943

I usually leave the last task on quests in case I have the next person in an active quest doing a long task.

Advertisement